Aggressive Cat

IntegrityJones

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone,

Hope you all are having a good day.

I needed some advice on my cat. I adopted him from pets mart about 6 months ago and after 3 months he has become aggressive towards me mainly and just recently my sister. It is unprovoked 100 percent. We feed him soft and hard food, we play with him, he has been to the vet twice to get examined and he’s fine beside some teeth problems but those are resolved already.

He follows us every where we go. Usually when we walk he likes to run to get in front of us or walks so close that we trip over him.

Sometimes you could be walking and he will keep biting your ankles as you walk and when you tell him no he gets in a defensive stance, eyes dilated, ears up, hair up, makes his hair poofy so he seems bigger then he launches out at you as far as he can. Teeth out and claws out.
If you move or run away he will chase you or keep charging at you. I reached out to grab him to stop him from hurting me and he grabbed my hair starting biting down hard, holding me really tight and claw up my arm.

He doesn’t growl
He doesn’t hiss
He’s completely silent.

I have even been washing dishes then next thing you know he comes up to me bites my ankle I tell him to stop then he attacks.
Even if you don’t say stop and just moves away he just keeps going and going.
I put him in the bathroom for 20 minutes to calm down then he’s ok.

I tried a calmer
I tried a water bottle
I tried natural remedies
He has plenty of toys
There are no other cats
He’s been checked at the vet
He’s an asshole.

He’s like a sour patch kid. He loves to cuddle, be held, wants to ALWAYS be under someone he’s a lap cat purrs and licks you. He’s very social with people but he gets into these moods A LOT and I don’t know what to do. It happens at least 5 8 times every single week. It’s so bad we might have to give him away if he keeps acting this way.

mingsmongols

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sounds like your average un-neutered Tom cat. With their I love you, I hate you mood swings. Couple things we need to know first! How old is he, when was he neutered, and do you have other pets.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has he been neutered? It sounds like play aggression, maybe. Cats like to play, and some like to play rough. When he gets your ankles it sounds like he is trying to play with you like he would another cat. Then maybe when you try to stop him he gets upset? You can look online about this, there is a ton of information.

Your vet may be able to help with this. And actually if another cat was around for him to play with he might not play so rough with you. Just a thought.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

IntegrityJones

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sounds like your average un-neutered Tom cat. With their I love you, I hate you mood swings. Couple things we need to know first! How old is he, when was he neutered, and do you have other pets.

My vet says he may around 2-3 and yes he is neutered. The adoption place did it before we got him.

IntegrityJones

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Has he been neutered? It sounds like play aggression, maybe. Cats like to play, and some like to play rough. When he gets your ankles it sounds like he is trying to play with you like he would another cat. Then maybe when you try to stop him he gets upset? You can look online about this, there is a ton of information.

Your vet may be able to help with this. And actually if another cat was around for him to play with he might not play so rough with you. Just a thought.

Yes he is. I been reading up on play aggression and he actions just don’t seem even close to it. I will try to get in contact with my vet. I would love to get another cat so far his only feline friend is the neighborhood kitty.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My vet says he may around 2-3 and yes he is neutered. The adoption place did it before we got him.
Still sounds like play aggression to me. when a cat dose not have another cat to play fight with they tend to do so with their human family. This can be a bit scary if you have never had cats?
But sometimes when neutered a cat a vet may not get it done quite right. I have read that some tissue may get left, and they will still act like a tom. Your vet may can check his hormones and tell, im not sure?

here is one article on play aggression, there are many you can google
How to Stop Play Aggression in Cats

IntegrityJones

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Still sounds like play aggression to me. when a cat dose not have another cat to play fight with they tend to do so with their human family. This can be a bit scary if you have never had cats?
But sometimes when neutered a cat a vet may not get it done quite right. I have read that some tissue may get left, and they will still act like a tom. Your vet may can check his hormones and tell, im not sure?

here is one article on play aggression, there are many you can google
How to Stop Play Aggression in Cats
Thank you I’m going to read that now