Aggressive Cat With Brain Damage

Dudley's Momma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat Dudley was found abused and dumped along a county road with no houses close by. He has a scar on his nose where we believe he landed being thrown from a car. his tail had been cut shorter and still hung on to another inch we feared he would loose. None the less he was a sweet kitten that showed no ill effects until 4 months after we found him. The vet said he was approximately 3 months old when found and he weighed just 1.5 pounds. Now at approximately 9 months and having been neutered, his personality has changed, he attacks from nowhere, and wakes me up at night biting me. He has been to the vet and they diagnosed brain damage as he has a twitch and also shakes his head violently from side to side when eating or drinking. (There is nothing wrong with his ears.) He kneads constantly. My vet suggested I try herbal treatments or the pheromone collar, neither have done anything to help Dudley. He, my vet, also stated that if I cant find something to work my only recourse will be having him put to sleep, as his behavior continues to get worse and he could become dangerous especially to my grandchild. This is a absolute last resort, so having said all this my question is ..Do any of you know of anything that might help Dudley? It could very well save his life.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Maybe ask your vet about anti-anxiety meds, like kitty Prozac. This changes brain chemistry, and might make him a to be a little more relaxed. I hope some other posters will have some suggestions. I'm praying that you can find the solution to help your dear Dudley.

ellenature

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have an extremely agressive cat as well and like abyeb mentioned I have him on prozac. It's been almost three weeks with the ear application medication. No changes yet but it has been said to take 4-6 weeks to see results. I hope you can get some help soon.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dudley's Momma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Dudley has gone to live on a 200 acre farm, he spends his days outside and nights inside, his behavior has changed to that of a semi well behaved cat. With the issues he had being a indoor only cat was more than he could tolerate. The farm owner has other animals that he has contact with and he has become more social. There are no children around so he isn't overwhelmed, and is only petted when he initiates. I hated to part with him, but this has been the best solution for him. He went on a trial basis, if it hadn't worked he would have had to be put down. He hasn't attacked anyone since hes been on the farm, he hasn't destroyed anything, he has just been a cat doing cat things, and I think he is finally happy.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Glad to know that you found an arrangement where Dudley is happy.