Aggression between old mother cat and daughter

hongducwb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It may happens before, just by looking into daughter A (daughter in sight, eating, drinking,etc..), mother straight run into her and attack.

Or it's because when her son B (already spayed) trying to play with her daughter A from behind, A scared and think he's attacking her so she fight back -> mother attack both of them, but because her son B is so big, she switch to her daughter to attack. That leads to other daughter start join the fight, included her friend (2nd mother cat).

There's one time recored by security camera that after daughter A leave, mother cat still yowling, so her daughter A just back and trying to slap her, but into air i think. This time it's a fight between 4 cats (mother cat A + daughter A/B + mother cat B). Her son B (as always) and new 6 months cat just stand and watching.

This time happen a bit longer, i don't know why. It's always that cat, daughter A, and only mother-side. Daughter A still licking her mother fur and ass but mother just slap her away.

This daughter A have about 80% looking like her inbred dead daughter C (pyometra and exposed FPV at shelter vet) too.

All cats eat well,nice poop,drink enough water,clean enviroments... I don't know if :
- Daughter A urine spray is problem
- Or because she's misleading when think her daughter A attack her son B, because her Son B suddenly (Pounce and Stalk)
- or suddenly create loud noise (jumping,etc..)

Last edited:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
I think you're right regarding the tension of the playing upsetting the mom cat, but I've also read that sometimes mother cats can get very cranky with their daughters even if they themselves are spayed. It has something to do with the natural instinct to protect resources for the future.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hongducwb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
4 cat cleaning after eat,new one still eating, that daughter A just jump on her place (base is aluminum table) to sleep, that make loud noise even scared herself and other cats, mother cat A immediately jump on steel mesh lattice to see what happen, and found out that her daughter is already jump down onto ground. So she's start yowling at her daughter, and her daughter yowling back.

just noted: that mother cat A will also attack any cat that fighting, or if she heard any cats fighting and immediately run to them to stop... (daughter B + mother cat B doing the same), her son B is always there everytime i trying to stop them too, so i think over-playing is the problem

when her daughter C still alive, she's playing with her most of time, sometime it's over-playing that mean no soft-bite, soft-scratch, about 80% of time she's running, 20% is when she's serious fighting, then daughter C noticed that and stop