Age and LH or SH

teppers82

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I found this kitten on the side of the road w a sprained leg. I'm curious if anyone knows about how old she is and if she will be a long hair or short hair? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably a shorthair. You can usually tell by how fluffy the tail is, but I can't see her tail in the pic. But she's not very fluffy so I'll say shorthair. It's hard to tell age when you don't know what kind of care she's had---she could be older but small due to being malnourished. But at first glance she appears to be around 10 weeks old.

happyliz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She is so cute! I would say short haired as for age I have no idea! Also r her ears a little dirty? It could be ear mites. U should take her to the vet they can give u a really good guess on her age.

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Boy is she cute!   Looks like a red point shorthair  and I agree  w/ Willowy she looks like maybe about 10 weeks based on size and that the color on her "points"    but  a vet can give you a better estimate.    

So does this mean this pretty girl  has found her forever home?   :)
 I hope you can take her to a vet soon if she's injured,  and anyway,  she'll need to get her her vaccinations and treated for worms  ( and checked for things like ear mites)

and plan on getting her spayed by  4 months,  since some kittens can come in heat that young!     but would be very risky getting pregnant that young.   

If you are in the U.S   the ASPCA site has a database of low cost spay/neuter/ vaccination clinics.   If you are in another country, you might find a similar list ,  or phone a local shelter and ask. 

P.S.  Just in case you're curious  if her eyes will stay blue when she grows up, the answer is yes they will.