After spaying question

Tillyandmo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So my 7-8 month old kitten was spayed just over 3 weeks ago.
She is an indoor cat.
For 3 weeks she has been loving, her jumpy and skitty-ness had gone, she stopped hiding from me and the only meows i got was feed me treats and change my litter I pooped
But now her behaviour has changed again over the last 2 days, she wants attention but jumps when you go to stroke her and backs off.
she's started meowing at her toys one in particular a little soft fluffy ball.
She's started carrying it around in her mouth everywhere she drops it, beats it up then picks it up and off she goes to hide it in her bed or she starts meowing at it or up at the window but only 3 or 4 meows at a time, then stops, she isn't meowing at me for attention when doing this.
(Before spaying she wasn't interested in her toys apart from a tall squeaky bendy one that she would attack to within an inch of its life)
She has never been aggressive with me before or after spay only to the groomer... she does not like her at all she turns into a feral/devil cat.
Now for the last 2 days when she let's me stroke her she does a quiver/spasm towards the bottom end of her back its like it pulses for around 10 seconds and then she wants me to stroke down her back and up the tail, her tail is high but to the side and she backing up to me, she is also off her food a little.
Now when she was on heat before her spay she was different her tail was always down but to the side, low crawl, constant meowing, wanting constant attention with no jumping.
Is this new behaviour normal and is it normal for her to still be acting like she is on heat even though she has been spayed.
Thanks for any help or advice given.

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She sounds like she is coming down off all her hormones after the spay. Everything sounds normal. Many cats get extreme reactions when the base of their tail is scratched. If she gets worse or stops eating, call your vet and get her in. But as long as she is eating and using the litter box everything is normal. She is also getting a little older and her behaviors will change somewhat. They get more laid back and don't want as much attention.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tillyandmo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She sounds like she is coming down off all her hormones after the spay. Everything sounds normal. Many cats get extreme reactions when the base of their tail is scratched. If she gets worse or stops eating, call your vet and get her in. But as long as she is eating and using the litter box everything is normal. She is also getting a little older and her behaviors will change somewhat. They get more laid back and don't want as much attention.
Thank you, I was worried something had gone wrong with the spay, her back spasm starts the second I stroke her head before she moves me anywhere near her tail or back, I'm just glad it's a hormone comedown and that nothings been left in there lol

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It also may be a hyper reaction to the anesthesia used. It takes a while, even days to completely leave the system. Monitor her though. As long as she slowlygets better everything is fine.b

Tillyandmo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It also may be a hyper reaction to the anesthesia used. It takes a while, even days to completely leave the system. Monitor her though. As long as she slowlygets better everything is fine.b
I hope not she was spayed 26 days ago but yes she is getting better everyday it was just the hormones thing that got me. thanks

Tillyandmo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry, I misread it. I thought it was 3 DAYS ago! Hormones can take as long as 6 weeks to leave the system.
Aw it's OK it made me giggle a little, but I really do appreciate you taking time out to answer my question and put my mind at rest so thank you 😁😁