After sedation and enema care

Status
Not open for further replies.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Work on the food aspect and look to see if you notice some slow improvement in him. All his numbers can be skewed due to lack of proper nutrition.

Take a deep breath, calm down, and be there for your buddy. You can't change the numbers overnight.

shortykatyk

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you I guess I just want him well so badly that my mind is racing. He’s almost ate a half a can of blue wilderness (219 calories) I figured half can now and half later tonight.

shortykatyk

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well I fed it to him with a spoon and syringe and also gave him a tsp and half of nutri cal but I did make sure he ate it. I just hope it helps He was still trying to eat the litter but like y’all said his iron won’t change over night and he’s still fighting the infection.

he wants to sit in the litter box I’m guessing because of his kidney infection 😞

Last edited:

shortykatyk

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Also and I hate to ask because I don’t know if I actually want to know but his creatine levels are 5.8 BUN 94 and creatine ratio 16 does this mean stage 4 kidney failure? Sorry for the questions but our vet is closed now.

however he was also dehydrated while they ran the test.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Also and I hate to ask because I don’t know if I actually want to know but his creatine levels are 5.8 BUN 94 and creatine ratio 16 does this mean stage 4 kidney failure? Sorry for the questions but our vet is closed now. however he was also dehydrated while they ran the test.
The creatinine is high, but I have seen a whole lot worse. The BUN will also be affected by dehydration and stress. I would not automatically categorize this as Stage 4 kidney failure, IMO. But the sub-Q fluids should help. Remember, all of his numbers are a bit skewed right now. Work on the food aspect first, get him more stabilized and then go from there.

shortykatyk

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you I guess I’m just so stressed and want to help him so much. Right now he’s resting after his half can of food it’s really the most he’s had in a couple days. Plus he’s been given two kinds of antibiotics now so he’s double feeling yucky.

shortykatyk

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Quick update he’s now had an entire can of blue wilderness I chose it for today because it has 242 calories the highest I happened to pick up. He’s urinated once but didn’t make it to the litter box he’s having trouble with his back legs they cut his toenails too and that’s new to him.

He’s resting comfortably having something in his belly other than baby food for the first time in a few days. I really hope the antibiotics helps him because other than me making sure he has enough food in him I’m not sure what else I can do.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If you want to post his bloodwork I can read it. I am not a vet but have worked at vet hospitals for over 30 years. Currently working at a feline only hospital.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Also switch to shredded paper instead of litter.
You can’t stage kidney disease without a urinalysis.

shortykatyk

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Very bad news my sweet Littlebit has crossed the rainbow bridge.

he laid down beside me closed his eyes and went to sleep…..I’m not sure if it was the infection or if he was just to tired to get better but he’s gone and my heart is broken.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh no!! I am so very sorry. He left at home with the person he loves, and he went on his own terms. I am so sorry for your loss.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh NO :frown:. I am so sorry. What a horrible way to start out the new year. This just breaks my heart.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
On behalf of the site Tam, we are very sorry for your loss. :hugs: threads are locked after such a loss as a sign of respect. When you feel up to it please consider starting a tribute thread in the Crossing the Bridge part of the Forum.

Rest in peace, little one. :rbheart:

Status
Not open for further replies.