AeroKat for Cats

IzzysfureverMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If you have a cat with asthma or think you may this is an important product you to be aware of. AeroKat chamber is a spacer for an asthma inhaler. It is from Trudell Animal Health in Canada.The product is incredible and a game changer for my cat!.The companies website has excellent information on usage and customer service is wonderful. There is a high rate of success with the product.
My cat who is not at all inclined to let you do anything thing to her accepted very well.
While prednisolone very effective an important drug and cheap it can have some unwanted side effects long term.
You do need a prescribed inhaler. My vet recommended going through GoodRx to price different places (you do have to call and see if they will accept GoodRx for a pet.
I currently pay $118 for her maintenance inhaler ( last for 2 months)
and $ 15 dollars for her rescue inhaler (as needed and needs to be replaced when expired even if not used)
AeroKat* Chamber | Trudell Animal Health

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

IzzysfureverMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
One of our cats has an AeroKat, too, and it works very well for her.
Awesome! She needed to be on prednisolone for awhile, lungs were awful. Really did not know if it would be possible with this one.My husband just raised a eyebrow and said really with her. He was up for it though.Vet was very positive recommending it but recently told me she wasn't sure I'd would be able to do it. So glad it works for you as well. Worth every penny

Twylasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If you have a cat with asthma or think you may this is an important product you to be aware of. AeroKat chamber is a spacer for an asthma inhaler. It is from Trudell Animal Health in Canada.The product is incredible and a game changer for my cat!.The companies website has excellent information on usage and customer service is wonderful. There is a high rate of success with the product.
My cat who is not at all inclined to let you do anything thing to her accepted very well.
While prednisolone very effective an important drug and cheap it can have some unwanted side effects long term.
You do need a prescribed inhaler. My vet recommended going through GoodRx to price different places (you do have to call and see if they will accept GoodRx for a pet.
I currently pay $118 for her maintenance inhaler ( last for 2 months)
and $ 15 dollars for her rescue inhaler (as needed and needs to be replaced when expired even if not used)
AeroKat* Chamber | Trudell Animal Health
GoodRX is OK for the inhaler but you can get even better prices if you use an overseas pharmacy, if your vet is willing. I use Northwest Pharmacy. You do have to upload your prescription and factor in shipping time but the savings are significant - currently a 120 dose generic version is around $53.00 on their site. They don’t accept credit cards or PayPal, so that’s a bit of a hassle but the savings are worth it, especially if your cat takes multiple medications. I have found them easy to work with and reliable.

IzzysfureverMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
GoodRX is OK for the inhaler but you can get even better prices if you use an overseas pharmacy, if your vet is willing. I use Northwest Pharmacy. You do have to upload your prescription and factor in shipping time but the savings are significant - currently a 120 dose generic version is around $53.00 on their site. They don’t accept credit cards or PayPal, so that’s a bit of a hassle but the savings are worth it, especially if your cat takes multiple medications. I have found them easy to work with and reliable.
Thank you for mentioning this.Our vet had mentioned this option as well.A friend had said this is illegal. I have no real clarification on this, but looks to me that it is shipping prescriptions out of the United States to other countries is illegal.Not ordering one from Canada. Sure wouldn't want her medicine seized or whatever. That is a very good price.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Anyone who is going to try to order drugs from another country needs to check the specific guidelines, which will include the name of the medication. In general, a legal American prescription can be sent to a Canadian pharmacy who is legally able to supply that drug and that pharmacy can send it directly to the person who ordered it.

It is not legal to pick up a drug in Canada and stick it in a box and send it to a friend in the US. Is anyone checking? Who knows? Do you want to take the chance?

A gray area is some foreign pet pharmacies which will sell a prescription product to Americans (or possible a person in another country) without a prescription.

IzzysfureverMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Anyone who is going to try to order drugs from another country needs to check the specific guidelines, which will include the name of the medication. In general, a legal American prescription can be sent to a Canadian pharmacy who is legally able to supply that drug and that pharmacy can send it directly to the person who ordered it.

It is not legal to pick up a drug in Canada and stick it in a box and send it to a friend in the US. Is anyone checking? Who knows? Do you want to take the chance?

A gray area is some foreign pet pharmacies which will sell a prescription product to Americans (or possible a person in another country) without a prescription.
Thank you for this fionasmom. Kinda what I would be afraid of. Really not crystal clear online. I just want the best for her, not a problem.Our vet mentioned but did that stress this option. Showed me GoodRx online and went through everything. Maybe thinking AeroKat is the best option,but more people would do if its cheaper? Vet also said the inhalers may have some difference to them???? Anyway she was very happy with what I went with. Can order AeroKat here other places but is frequently out of stock. Since the product is a device not a drug a felt ordering directly from the company.

IzzysfureverMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Husband and I agreed back we started not to.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for this fionasmom. Kinda what I would be afraid of. Really not crystal clear online. I just want the best for her, not a problem.Our vet mentioned but did that stress this option. Showed me GoodRx online and went through everything. Maybe thinking AeroKat is the best option,but more people would do if its cheaper? Vet also said the inhalers may have some difference to them???? Anyway she was very happy with what I went with. Can order AeroKat here other places but is frequently out of stock. Since the product is a device not a drug a felt ordering directly from the company.
Yes to "not crystal clear"! My impression (and that's all it is, dating back to 2019, when Ireland was diagnosed with asthma) is that the U.S. essentially ignores legit meds that come into the country, particularly since online pharmacies limit their offerings: no opioids, for example. This approach seems to fall somewhere in the middle of what Big Pharma might want and what consumers might want.

I wonder if the differences your vet mentioned in the inhalers is in how the dose is expressed: the number of micrograms of medication is slightly different in the U.S. and overseas. But the amount of medicine is the same. The dose is just measured slightly differently. (I forget exactly why that is but it's not a concern!)

If GoodRx works for you, that's great! The big thing is to get your cat started on the inhaler. You can always switch pharmacies later!

IzzysfureverMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes to "not crystal clear"! My impression (and that's all it is, dating back to 2019, when Ireland was diagnosed with asthma) is that the U.S. essentially ignores legit meds that come into the country, particularly since online pharmacies limit their offerings: no opioids, for example. This approach seems to fall somewhere in the middle of what Big Pharma might want and what consumers might want.

I wonder if the differences your vet mentioned in the inhalers is in how the dose is expressed: the number of micrograms of medication is slightly different in the U.S. and overseas. But the amount of medicine is the same. The dose is just measured slightly differently. (I forget exactly why that is but it's not a concern!)

If GoodRx works for you, that's great! The big thing is to get your cat started on the inhaler. You can always switch pharmacies later!
She has been on it for months. No she did not mean how the dose was express she was talking about the drug itself. With all the possible issues involved in purchasing overseas , the price is great, but just not worth the hassle of all the potential problems mentioned here. It is Izzy's health afterall. I have mentioned here before while I may look at all options, my automatic default is better safe then sorry!