Advisors?

jazzythecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi there,

I noticed that one member was in the Advisors group, underneath their name, I know the group existed a long time ago, but am not sure what it is, does anyone here know of the role and what they do? Naturally I'm just feeling curious.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think and dont quote me on this but one that jumps straight out is Laurie (LDG) and Hissy im sure are advisors...... Laurie has dealt with feral cats and offers fantasic advice so she would be a go to on the subject as is Hissy for the same reason that and kitten care I swear if theres nothing that these two ladies dont know its not worth knowing haha

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jazzythecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't disagree with you on that AJ :lol3: But what I actually saw was a member, it was Momofmany who was a member of the Advisor group. Not sure if anyone else is.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Advisors are long-time members with a lot of hands-on experience in certain cat-related areas, for example TNRing ferals, bottle-feeding orphaned kittens or grooming long-haired cats. They keep an eye out for questions most average members can't fully answer and point out available resources.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Advisors are long-time members with a lot of hands-on experience in certain cat-related areas, for example TNRing ferals, bottle-feeding orphaned kittens or grooming long-haired cats. They keep an eye out for questions most average members can't fully answer and point out available resources.

so in a very round-a-bout way i was right 

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise

so in a very round-a-bout way i was right :lol3:
Yep! The forums couldn't do without them.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
While we're on this subject, what's the difference between moderators, advisors, mentors, and whatever other "badges" there might be? 

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Admin, moderators, advisors, mentors, and our Social Director (Coolcat) are the "TCS Team." Hissy and I - and maybe some others at this point, wear the "TCS Veteran" badge because we're no longer officially part of the team, but Anne wanted to say thanks for having been a part of the team and for long years of being part of the community. :)

But ALL mentors, moderators, advisors, and the Social Director are also members of the site. Anne recruits people to the ranks when things need ... adjusting... from the membership base. :nod: :)

Moderators- and only moderators - can delete threads, edit them, warn people about their posts... they're the ones that keep the board free of spammers, and they're the ones that get the messages when posts are reported. :nod:

Mentors help new members figure out the site, make TCS a "welcoming" place.

Advisors are assigned to different forums (often overlapping), and help ensure people's threads are being answered - either with help/advice based on experience and knowledge, or by pointing people to helpful resources, whether links or other TCS threads and/or articles. :nod:

Our Social Director makes us smile a lot! :clap: (OR walk the plank if we're not keeping in line!).

Mods have their own forum to discuss site business, and mentors, advisors, and the Social Director do not have access to it.

Last edited:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Thank you, Laurie.  As usual, you are a fountain of information!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I might add that there have been a number of advisers added in the last few weeks and our forum assignments are being worked out right now. I'm sure you'll see information posted on this in the near future.

And yes, Laurie (LDG) and Mary Ann (Hissy) have earned their TCS Veteran badges and should wear them with pride!