Advice that you learned that you can share

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are so many wonderful people on this site who have so much experience with respect to helping keeping  a cat healthy and happy. Let's share this  knowledge. Use this thread to post some advice that you learned over the years that will help other people and there beloved pets.

One piece of advice  per post, but you can post as many times as you like; actually the more the better. 

I will start

We all know that keeping a cat hydrated is so important to their overall health. I learned that cats don't like to have their water and food in the same area. 

Please share your wisdom 

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We all know that keeping a cat hydrated is so important to their overall health. I learned that cats don't like to have their water and food in the same area. 
I know that is accepted wisdom, but in my experience it depends on the cat. I have one who insists on drinking and eating in the same place - she likes to eat a bit, take a sip of water, then eat again, just like a human. My others have a drinking fountain on the same counter quite close to their food bowls and do just fine.