Advice re raw feeding with pregnant cats

pawsandwhiskers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi,

Just wondered if some of those with a bit more experience could give me a bit of advice? I feed all my cats on a mostly raw diet. They do also have kibble down as one of them won't eat much raw. Only thing is we think Maisie is pregnant. So...should I be switching her to a canned kitten food mixed with adult or is there a way of keeping her on raw whilst ensuring that she gets everything she needs. I do try and balance everything out for them so I guess should be ok, and don't really want to swap back but would appreciate the advice!! Thanks .... sorry for all the questions?!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is likely one for the breeders feeding Raw ....

chromodactyl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi paws and Whiskers,when mine was pregn and now nursing we fed and do feed dry kitten kibble-Iams,James well beloved and she admittedly loves her whiskas-I know not the best but she will not go without so she gets whiskers kitten-all the kittens food being higher protein necessary for the energy and nutrients she will use and for nursing the babies.By the way she is in excellent health tho maybe could put on some more weight.I am boiling up chicken for her too and the odd fish now and then

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Raw is safe for your preg. for sure, as long as your useing a fully balanced raw and supplementing appropriately. Also you could offer her some KMR to help her along as well. Do you feed a premade raw? or do you make your own? The premades are forumalted for all stages, and queens ect. She will likely just need to eat more
for those growing babies

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pawsandwhiskers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for your advice. I feed some natures menu pre-prepared raw food. I also make some homemade. I try and get a balance to provide everything they need.I also have a complete food type of kibble down due to one fussy eater who will happily starve rather than eat raw rabbit etc!

Maisie eats everything and yes is eating more and more. I just wanted to ckeck i don't need to be feeding kitten food. But ideally i'd like her kittens to go onto raw when weaned so i thought it would be best to try and stick with it as much as possible.

She's going for a vet check today anyway to check how things are doing, so I'll mention it there too. Only problem is my vets are so pro-hills i know they'll just recommend that! She doesn't like it anyway!