Advice please, she’s hurt her paw

Millsxo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi guys, I’m really new and wanted some advice if possible!
move had my cat for half of my life time, she’s NEVER been hurt, never sick nothing until I’ve noticed today that she won’t put her paw flat on the floor, closer inspection andit looks like she’s possibly torn a nail when she was outside last night. She’s an out door in door cat never lets no one clip her nails but uses a lot of items outside to claw away at.
her nail seems attached but purpleish.. with bloody and dried up.
Ive poured saline water al over it to help clean it but she’s only gone a persistently licked it. She does have apetite, needless to say she went crazy over some treats.
It’s the weekend and I can’t even take her to the vets and emergency vets is £245 which is money I don’t have right now 🥺
I’ll attach a picture,
If anyone has any advice as in what to do right now or roughly how much is has cost yourselves for something similar this would help!

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Millsxo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Cats have an artery in each claw. The blood is from her claw breaking.
Thanks, yeah I figured but her claw is still attached and twisted I can only assume it’s stuck there right now until I can get her to the vets

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn’t wait in your position. Injuries like this can get infected really easily, and she may need antibiotics. Definitely don’t let her go outside until her paw is healed. Are you able to get something like care credit to get her to the emergency vet?

Millsxo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I wish that existed in the UK but it doesn’t 😞 it’s only happened over night or early this morning, it’s all dried up and she is walking on it but holds it up when she’s sat down.
I will take her first thing in the morning I just don’t have 245 to pay just for her to be seen, as I lost my job during COVID unfortunately

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
She does need the vet and hopefully it will not be a big expense. Keep her inside exclusively until you see the vet, even if she complains. Her appetite will not necessarily be affected with an injury like this, so the fact that she is eating and wanting her treats does not equate to not needing to get the nail resolved.

Heart For Cats

Cat Lover Forever
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks, yeah I figured but her claw is still attached and twisted I can only assume it’s stuck there right now until I can get her to the vets.
The claw is attached to a tendon in the paw. That is how cats are able to retract them. So that tendon is twisted and she needs time off the injured paw.

Millsxo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She does need the vet and hopefully it will not be a big expense. Keep her inside exclusively until you see the vet, even if she complains. Her appetite will not necessarily be affected with an injury like this, so the fact that she is eating and wanting her treats does not equate to not needing to get the nail resolved.
Yeah I will take her tomorrow morning hopefully it’s nothing too serious, hurts my knowing she’s hurt 🥺

Millsxo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey Name is Milla ☺ Giant mane, white and grey Turkish Angoran lady 😂❤

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear Milla! I do hope it is a quick recovery. Thank goodness you caught it right away and can keep her in. I know cats ask to go out but she is in the best place she can be. She is with you.