Advice please regarding pregnant cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Back home now and hubby said her stomach went hard twice and she started crying and shaking but nothing since :/

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm hoping something happens by tomorrow. If not, do get her vet-checked tomorrow to make sure things are progressing okay. She's not overdue yet though or in distress. She just sounds miserable and in intermittent pain.

Last edited:

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have her booked in for a vet check tomorrow anyway so will be taking her if still no sign. Her appointment is moved back to 2pm so gives her plenty of time from now till then. She's defo having tightenings, I was in with her and her stomach hardened and she pawed my hand off her stomach then the 2nd time it happened she used her mouth the take my hand off her stomach but when her stomach softens she nudges my hand to her stomach.

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How soon after their waters break does active labour start ? I don't know if she did a pee or if it was her waters but she was under my sons bed and I could hear the noise of water/pee hitting the laminate flooring and when I looked under there was a big puddle, my hubby cleaned it and said he didn't think it had a smell.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I still think she's already been laboring, but after the water breaks labor usually intensifies. Can you put a blanket or towel under the bed in case she wants to get on it?

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I put a bed mat down incase but she came downstairs and has lay on the sofa and is asleep now. I'm really worried incase there is something wrong and that's why things aren't progressing

krissy marissy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You can't count how many times people thought labor wasn't progressing because they weren't seeing typical signs they thought they should. I think things will begin to pickup shortly.

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Still no further signs today. She's going about her usual business. The kittens movements feel less strong and lower down now though and her nipples are bulging with milk.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The kittens dropping and and feeling more compacted actually means that they are moving into the birth canal, which is a step in the right direction. Sounds like she's getting closer!

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She's booked in with the vet at 2pm. It's 12pm now so I don't know if I should stress her by taking her (she hates her travel box) or cancel the appointment and hope everything is ok.

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I did call. He said to leave her be just now and that from what I've told him he isn't overly concerned about her. And that he's pretty sure she's just having a long stage 1 of labour but I've to give her until Thursday and if still no signs or any worrying signs I've to take her in at 9am Thursday.

majenta mynx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have no advice I'm afraid, having no experience in kitty labour, but am watching this thread like a hawk! 

Hope your Mumma cat has her babies soon! x

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks again everyone. I went to get my weekly shop today and when I got home she was back in her nesting box in the front room. She just keeps laying in that one now and not going out of the front room. Hopefully we have some fur babies before Thursday, can't cope if I need to take her to the vet and be kept away from her if she needs kept in.

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Could we be seeing the start of it now ?
She got out of her nest, had a lick at her belly and went to her food, sniffed at it and went back into her nest. Went for a nap, got back up came out had another lick at herself, lay on the floor for all of 5 seconds got back up and went straight back into her nest and has went back to sleep.