Advice On How To Best Care For My Obsidian Right Now Please?

Fyrekit(Proud Cat Mommy)

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My black cat and total mama's boy Obsidian was just fine last night, this morning he needed a trip to the vet because last night one of the tenants dinner guests.......there is no nice way to put down what happened to my poor boy but I shall attempt not to curse. Whoever it was.....kicked my boy in the face, he has had a vet visit and some pain killers but needs some extra care right now because he lost all his top teeth between his fangs and so I have to syringe feed him for a little bit until his mouth is less sore, I have him as comfortable as he can be right now I just.....is there anything else I can be doing for my boy to help him recover faster? On top of the new trauma he has an ear infection so he's pretty miserable.

Attachments

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How on earth did this happen? So awful! I hope you will be pressing charges.

I would just make sure he has a nice soft food and the painkillers prescribed by the vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Fyrekit(Proud Cat Mommy)

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I fully intend to. I got him some wet food, the pate style stuff and I've been mixing it with some of the goats milk I also managed to get so it's a slurry that's easy for him to eat.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, file a police report and an animal cruelty report with the local SPCA or Humane Society. And I would give that person a :angrywoman::fuming::soapbox: :censored: of my mind as well and make it clear that he / she is not welcome in your home ever.

Hope your cat recovers well :vibes:

prairiepanda

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Poor Obsidian! Whoever is responsible better get charged for every penny of his vet bills and all of the misery he's going through :angryfire: I'll never understand how people can be so cruel.

It sounds like you're doing everything you can for Obsidian. Be vigilant for signs of antibiotic-resistant infection (pawing at his mouth etc.); infections of the mouth are extremely painful so you want to catch them as early as possible.

Also, the combination of antibiotics and a sudden change in food is likely to give him diarrhea. If you want to minimize any discomfort due to that, you can give him probiotics to mitigate the diarrhea. You can get Forti-flora from the vet or use human probiotics (just check that all the ingredients are cat-safe). Give probiotics a couple hours before or after giving antibiotics, so that they don't just get destroyed by the meds.