Advice Needed!!!! Prego Mom?

naquack

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There is a stray cat that lives at my friends farm. We have been thinking that she was pregnant for a while now. Her belly has been swollen for a few weeks now but the other day my friend noticed that the cat's belly looked like it grew more. We think maybe she has dropped, but aren't sure. She also started walking very strange right now. And her. Key shape is very odd. Her temperament is a tad moody but hat has been for a while now. We need some advice to see if this is normal or we should go to the vet to check it out.

Her before:
Screenshot_20190110-182355_Gallery.jpg

After:
received_406724933400395.jpeg
received_302509147276680.jpeg
received_302843427243083.jpeg

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Is she walking with her back hunched like that? If so, I think you should take her to the vet. She might have gotten injured.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

naquack

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I haven't seen her in person in a few days but my friend sent me a video and it looks like she is walking with a bit of a hunch. Though she doesn't look like she is in pain and has a normal ish gait when walking. I'll see what my friend and I can so.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Though she doesn't look like she is in pain
Something is not right. You can never say they don't seem in pain/sick with cats because they will always suck it up and hide their discomfort as much as possible. Definitely have her looked at, and book a spay appointment while you are at it. She looks like just a baby herself. If she is this friendly there is no reason to let her breed over and over again. Good luck!

naquack

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm still trying and have been trying (initially tried to get my friend to get the cat spayed) to get my friend to get the cat to a vet. Unfortunately I would like to emphasis that I do live ~300 miles away and can't just drive down and do all of that. She's definitely super friendly for a stray and can attest that my friend has seen this stray frequent their farm for well over a year now. And this is the first time they've encountered something like this. Thanks for the support.

naquack

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
there is no reason to let her breed over and over again.
Also it does sounds like you're insinuating that they are breeding her like she is in a backyard breeders kennel. Which makes.me feel "attacked" as Im pro spaying / TNR. As far as I have seen they feed her since she has decided to stay on their farm land. Anyway thanks for the moral support :).

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope, just that she is outside but appears friendly so steps should be taken by whomever is responsible to spay her. I understand if you are too far away, hopefully your friends steps up and does the responsible thing.