Advice for Traveling (Flying) with Cat?

Kyaviana

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all! I currently live in the US and I am planning to relocate to Europe this year. Specifically, I will be traveling between Italy and Albania— hoping for some help and advice from my fellow cat lovers!

My cat is generally a good traveler, we have done a few 6-8 hour non-stop road trips together with little issue but we have never flown before. He will be flying with me in the airline cabin, under the seat. What can I do to help make the experience less stressful and as comfortable as possible for him?

The flight is 14 hours long. I am worried about litterbox usage etc. on such a long flight. I know there are pet relief stations in the airport etc. but he is particular about his litterbox and I’m worried he won’t use it because he feels unsafe/uncomfortable. I don’t want him to develop a UTI etc. from stress/holding it in.

Thank you so much!

tyleete

Queen of the Crazy
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Cbd for cats!😄
I've never flown with cats, but know for a fact it helps with anxiety. Sorry I can't personally offer more. But look into it. ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kyaviana

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Cbd for cats!😄
I've never flown with cats, but know for a fact it helps with anxiety. Sorry I can't personally offer more. But look into it. ;)
Thanks!! Any brands or sites you’d recommend?

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise

tyleete

Queen of the Crazy
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks!! Any brands or sites you’d recommend?
I do! If money's no object and your cat isn't nuts like 1 of mine, Ellevet is the thing. But last I bought one, it was $75 for a 15ml bottle. Yikes! I had a Cancer kitty that ended up taking this:
But another is allergic to fish and takes this one:
The 2nd is almost completely free of flavor of you get the Catnip flavor. I even tried it on my tongue cause she's ridiculously picky.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi! any possible chance you could tell us how this went? Thanks!