Advice For Force Feeding Hepatic Lipidosis Kitty :(

halfbreed

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Honestly, some people! What was she proposing you do with the current one? Hissssssssss.
Many will not be surprised. Before saying goodbye, we were encouraged by her colleague to leave her overnight for observation, IV and tests amounting to $1500.

Our little Button had lost her person and truly appeared to be grieving. Her inappetence soon led to acid reflux and the now-familiar spiral that it leads to. Over the weeks she came to trust us and really become a family member. We're not her former person (who had cared for her well and maintained her teeth, etc.) but she is bright and playful, happy to be here. Today she licked her bowl clean repeatedly as we squirted her glop into it 3.5cc at a time. Soon maybe she'll accept the bowl on its own, but baby steps are so welcome!

halfbreed

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay, now I could stand a bit of advice as we seem to be at a bit of a backstep.

Button is totally fine with the syringes in the throat again. Which is good because...licking her glop from a bowl or even a Chinese-style spoon has fallen out of favor as the way she likes to eat. I'm somewhat discouraged, but her dad is even more so. He was okay with letting a few things go for a while, since we could see a light at the end of the tunnel.

I know I read some loooong threads in June when this all started. I will do another search and see if I can find them again since I gleaned so much information from them, but if anyone wants to suggest a good long link, I would be grateful.

Button remains happy and playful! We're just a bit tired as her people/parents....