Advice for a picky and necessary home cooked cat food

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

moderncat2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just weighed him and he lost 1/2 lb. during this trial and error with raw food and because he is little (close to 7 lbs) so I had to run out and buy can food in hopes he likes it so I can get him to eat more to gain his weight back

Today he likes Chicken and Salmon Platefulls I mushed it up so hopefully it stays down. .7 oz  The ingredients seem decent for can food.

Last edited:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know you say this has been going on for years, and he's had x-rays... but has he had an ultrasound done? It might be a stupid question. But I'm wondering if the poor boy doesn't have some kind of plastic sitting in his tummy that hasn't come up and he can't pass. X-rays usually don't "see" plastic. My Lazlo eats plastic, and needed ultrasound for a different reason, but the ultrasound showed a very small piece of plastic label he'd chewed off.

The vomiting immediately after eating just sounds so much like when they have a blockage near the duodenum.

Of course, food intolerance happens. My Sheldon had this same thing with any raw red meat. But over time, he has developed an ability to eat it. I assume it's possible such an intolerance can go on indefinitely. But personally, I'd want to use all diagnostic tools possible to eliminate all other possibilities. :rub: