Advice about adopting cats

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Not Jackson Galaxy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Perfect, thank you. I've just gone round the house with the blacklight. Nothing really came up except a little bit in the bathroom she had exclusive use of, but i squirted a few other areas too because i'm paranoid and she'd been there before although I had cleaned up already. There's no such thing as too much cleaning!

Thank you for your help and reassurances everyone. I really appreciate it.

Not Jackson Galaxy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She never actually peed on the carpets thank god! Just on hard surfaces.

Not Jackson Galaxy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Actually one bit of carpet she did pee on (the stairs) we replaced that small strip.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And hope that I don't shove them all in my pockets and bag and run out of there.
I hear you! We went to the shelter after my 3 cats passed very close together (different reasons...just really bad timing, all within 2 months of each other). The house was just too empty.
So anyway, we decided to go to the shelter to see what they had......we were supposed to be window shopping.......and left with 3 cats :paperbag: :rolleyes2: :lol:

One of the kitties was shy, withdrawn, depressed and had ZERO confidence...she would cower and curl up into herself when picked up...we could get her to purr a bit if we held her long enough...but honestly she was the most pathetic kitty ever...it was heartbreaking.
This was her the first day we brought her home...
1594856976432.png

We put her down on the bed and she didn't even adjust herself to get more comfortable...she just stayed plopped there.

And this was her about 6 months later...

1594857132926.png

And these pictures were taken about a year after adopting her.......
1594857242418.png
1594857345024.png

She has become the most affectionate cat, who loves to be pet, held, talked to, cuddled...she loves her (adopted) brothers and is such a feisty and lovable creature! Don't fret about the shy ones......it can take time for them to come around but when they do...it's magic.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, and also...
One of our other kitties had peeing issues too, in the basement mostly for us...some flooring is permanently stained (still saving money to have them replaced...but other stuff just keeps coming up :rolleyes3: ), and we reused all of our cat stuff (that was still in good shape) and all 3 that we brought home never had any issues with any of it.

Last edited:

Not Jackson Galaxy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
And she is absolutely drop dead gorgeous and adorable

• Purraise
Reactions: Jem