Advantage

kitcatmeow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I found some Advantange that I got last year for my cats. It's for small cats up to 9lbs and mine are larger than that. My Ollie is around 15 and Max is smaller but I'd say still over 9 (I'll have to look to see how big he was at his last appointment but I think it was around 12) I have 3 tubes left is it ok to put 1.5 on each cat? Or should I see if our local spca could use it and get them stuff for larger cats!
They are indoor only but we have a dog so in the warm months we treat all the animals.

boney girl dad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am also curious to hear some answers to that question. I had some 9lb and under last year that Boney Girl left behind and I used it on Xena, who is a big girl. I just gave her the smaller dose since Xena is an inside cat with no other animal friends in here with her. No flea problems, but I did consider a 1.5 or double dose.

haleyds

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You can use it, but it won't be as effective as the tubes for a bigger size. The reason they have a size for the tubes is because the amount of medicine has to cover a wider (or smaller) range of animal.

A question for you guys though, does the Advantage actually work good for you?
I've tried it before and didn't see good results, I've had to go to Seresto flea collars for all my animals, it seems to be the only thing that works on these southern fleas! [emoji]128514[/emoji]

boney girl dad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We switched to Advantage multi (heartworm, fleas, hookworm, roundworm and ear mites) after Frontline quit working. Works good for us, but expensive.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kitcatmeow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Frontline doesn't work each animal we have seemed to come with fleas and we went though a lot of frontline. Switched to advantage and the dog gets advantix and the fleas have been gone since. We'll see what this summer brings. I will probably switch the dog to Nextgaurd because it's hard to hold my 72lb lab down to apply topical medication.