Advantage Ii Flea Drops???

fitzleigh1985

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all,

I've just received an order of Advantage II for Extra Large Dog with the usual intent of breaking it down into the smaller .4 and .8 mL doses for my kitties. Only this time the package now has "DO NOT USE ON CATS" all over it which is leading me to take pause. . . The ingredients on dog vs. cat is still exactly the same. Is this just a scare tactic to get people to stop actually saving money?? Has anybody still used this on their cats with typical results?

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you get the Advantage II regular kind? Not Advantix nor any other brand. If you got the regular Advantage II, your kitties won't be harmed by it. Let me post a pic of the kind I buy.
It is 0.4 ml for a cat under eight pounds, which is less than half of 1.0 ml. Be certain you get these sized syringes, without a needle. They are that sized.
The dose for a cat larger than 8 pounds is 0.8, so a bit more than half of a 1.0 syringe. Do wrap the barrels with tape so that the lettering won't smudge off, they will if you don't.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fitzleigh1985

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The one in your photo is exactly the one I got!

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Nothing has changed except the packaging. I use the same one for my cats and use the little 1 ml syringes like linked for dispensing. I bought a 100 pack and dispose of them when finished and use a new one each month. I keep the reminder of the medicine in an amber glass bottle like you would use for essential oils