Adulting

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am wearing my "I can't adult today" shirt in honor of this thread. Despite that, I did get groceries to meal prep tomorrow.

I am so proud of everyone for adulting and doing what has to be done. :cheerleader:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After work, I picked up a cat tree that the feline rescue I got my cats from was getting rid of, then went to the craft store, came home and made dinner (as a single person who had weight loss surgery a year ago, me actually making something is rare), I did dishes and added foam to my sagging couch which was harder than I thought it would be.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Made my appt for a mammogram. Next doctor appt, I'm going to talk to him about Cologuard. I received my paperwork for the colonoscopy, but I'd like to try Cologuard instead. I really don't like having a colonoscopy and my last one was completely normal--no polyps or anything--so he might let me do the Cologuard thing instead.

I'm all for naps!

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
#1. Go to work even when I don't feel like it. My legs are KILLING me and I am on them 8 hours a day on hard tile floors.
#2. Have to do groceries today - not my favorite thing to do.
#3. Laundry must be done.
I balance the adulting with a healthy dose of kitty cuddling. As for naps, I am in too - that seems to be what I do when I try to watch television!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I vacuumed the spider webs off the ceiling. We have tons of spiders up here and they all came into the house during winter. Still have a few, didn't have the heart to kill them.

sabrinah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Dug around the yard and under the house (full of spider webs) to find all the molehills and tunnels so I can plan where to put humane traps. I also have to buy said traps. I tried to use a mix of castor oil, soap, and water but the darn creature digs faster than I can keep up. Why can't it work like it does in the youtube videos where they see the mole moving, shoving a shovel in front of it, and dig it up?

Kimbers36

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Does rolling out of bed and going to work count as adulting?

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am spending this weekend going to a different state to visit a great friend. It is purely a chance for two old guys to act like younglings. Liquor,guitars and amps. Cats and dogs,and his very kind and understanding woman watching us act like fools. A whole bunch of hell yeah.

I did my taxes this morning so i wouldn't have to have him help me(i'm a computer illiterate).

So basically i "adulted" today so i can act like a teenager this weekend.

hemlock91

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Had to call to complain about a lost package in the mail. What was the package, you ask? Something cool or sexy? No... special cream for my dry adult skin.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
#1. Go to work even when I don't feel like it. My legs are KILLING me and I am on them 8 hours a day on hard tile floors.
#2. Have to do groceries today - not my favorite thing to do.
#3. Laundry must be done.
I balance the adulting with a healthy dose of kitty cuddling. As for naps, I am in too - that seems to be what I do when I try to watch television!
I used to do 10-12 hours on hard concrete, so I know how you feel. Good shoes will help your legs immensely. SAS are expensive but worth it. They're recommended by podiatrists and are worn by many nurses, letter carriers and others who have to be on their feet. They have excellent arch support and a Tri-Pad insole that's wonderfully cushiony. They're extremely well-made and last well. I've got a pair I've been wearing for about five years. Not only that but the company will completely refurbish them for about $65.

Another way to save your feet and legs is to change shoes about halfway through the day. This changes the pressure points and gives your feet a break.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gazing in disgust at the amount of yard work/property maintenance.
I hate yard work. I especially hate how much of it I have to do. :bawling:

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to do 10-12 hours on hard concrete, so I know how you feel. Good shoes will help your legs immensely. SAS are expensive but worth it. They're recommended by podiatrists and are worn by many nurses, letter carriers and others who have to be on their feet. They have excellent arch support and a Tri-Pad insole that's wonderfully cushiony. They're extremely well-made and last well. I've got a pair I've been wearing for about five years. Not only that but the company will completely refurbish them for about $65.

Another way to save your feet and legs is to change shoes about halfway through the day. This changes the pressure points and gives your feet a break.
Unfortunately, we have to wear non slip shoes sanctioned by our company- meaning we have to buy them through work.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had to schedule a last minute move for this weekend. That is costing me about $300 I don't really have to spend, plus a storage unit.

Because I made the stupidest decision of my life letting a "friend" move in with me back in February that needed somewhere to go, and it's turned into a giant cluster. :sigh: