Adulting

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
adult-cat.jpg

Good morning! I thought it might be fun to celebrate the little things. Those mundane tasks no one wants to do but have to be done or, as it is known by millennials and generation z, adulting....

adulting-defined-e1506616094635-300x300.png

So share! What was the last thing you did that you didn't really want to but had to be done.

For me, I am planning our next family vacation and this whole week has been filled with making reservations. I also was really ready to go home last night but had to go to the grocery store for food for the rabbit and cats. I am rather proud of myself for making it out of the store with only what I needed for them and nothing for me.

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Small one......paying bills. Thank the maker for online/phone payments.
Medium one... I rarely get to have a drink. I have to plan weeks in advance for one.
Big one....prostate checks and colonoscopy. Starting to think my doc enjoys probing me.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The last responsible thing I did was pay bills yesterday, online rather than writing checks but they are paid. The adult thing I do every weekday is get up, get ready and go to work if I want to or not. I very rarely call in. I don't need the grief that comes with being 'that one' that is always calling in. I also want to let my time build up so I can take extended time off.

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Cleaning out the cat boxes. :lol: Hubby is supposed to do them on the weekend and the older 2 kids are supposed to do them one day a week, but I'm the only one who does them. :devilish:

Also I slacked on record-keeping for the past year so I've got to get them done so hubby can do our taxes. I think it'll be another extension year... :rolleyes2:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
A 2-for-one ;)
Got my glasses adjusted after one of those small human ankle-biters got me in the face with a toy football LOL.
Then we went and got the significant other's eye looked at after he swore the miserable @#$%^ contact was still in there (it wasn't) AND picked up the new daily wear oasys ones that he was going to blow off since he was so frustrated with the dailys that he was wearing. He now has contacts he loves!
So, this version of adulting turned out quite the accidental success :thumbsup:

Lilacat >(^.^)<

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Good luck - I hope all goes well!
I have scar tissue by the yard......breast reductions, back surgery, ruptured appendix, gall bladder, tubal, right side mastectomy, right hip recently replaced, & my other hip needs replacing soon.
I just feel I need surgery, am having surgery, or am recovering from surgery!

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Small one......paying bills. Thank the maker for online/phone payments.
Medium one... I rarely get to have a drink. I have to plan weeks in advance for one.
Big one....prostate checks and colonoscopy. Starting to think my doc enjoys probing me.
Hey, paying bills online hurts my retirement. Cut it out!

There is now a non-invasive test called Cologuard that's essentially done in the privacy of your own home. No fasting, none of that horrid GoLightly. No suffering until you're pristine inside and out. You just do your thing, use their stuff to pack a piece, and ship it to them. A colonoscopy is only they find something suspicious. Our insurance is covering the cost the same as a colonoscopy.

Colon cancer screening made easy | Cologuard®

This is a heckuva lot better. There have been some problems with the equipment used to do colonoscopies not being able to be properly cleaned and sterilized. It's a flaw in the design. For that reason we've both declined colonoscopies. The doctor tried to do one when I was too sick to fight back. He was totally unsuccessful and put huge bruises on my stomach. Nevermore.

If you think a prostate exam is bad, you should experience the equivalent to a visit to the gyn. That's a longer exam and not any fun at all. EVERYTHING gets examined.

Kudos for planning your drinking. I wish everyone would do that.

Last edited:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did dishes. I haaaate doing dishes. It wouldn't be as bad if I had a dishwasher to cover some of them, but nope, I have to do them all by hand and I don't like the feeling of my hands in dish water at all.

So yes. I adulted.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My last adulting thing... the one we all dread.... I got my taxes done. In addition to the relieved feeling of finally having it over with, I had the bonus of not owing for state or federal. That's the first time in many years. Made it all worth it!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that would probably be the reorganizing that i did yesterday.

there's actually a lot of things i would prefer to not have to do, but that i do get done. they fall into what i call, 'things to do, and not to think about' -- because i don't particularly enjoy doing them, and if i really thought about them then i might not actually do them.

kmbishop111

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've done FAR too MUCH adulting this week. So much, in fact, I don't even want to talk about all of the adulting I have done. I just want a nap. What happen to the naps we used to get in kindergarten? I really enjoyed that time. I think the work place should institute that as mandatory. :spew: