Adult teeth

cheesewoman

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
In the past couple days, I've noticed that my kitten's appetite has decreased considerably. I knew he was cutting his adult teeth, but I guess I didn't put 2 and 2 together. He was just chewing on some paper and I noticed the paper was bloody. I looked at his gums and teeth were missing and they were fairly bloody. Is there anything I can use to soothe his gums and/or get him to eat more?

dara678

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Bump!

My kitten has this problem too! She is meowing all day and when she bit some paper I saw some blood. I tried giving her and her playmate a wet towel to chew on, but they don't like it. Is there anything else we can do?

semiferal

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Give him canned food to eat and give him the option of chewing on some rubber toys. The irritation will pass soon.

emb_78

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't really think you can do anything for them.
They will get through it!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, I hope that he gets past this quickly!

How old are they when they start getting adult teeth anyways? I was wondering about that.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My little Maggie is going through this. She's the typical 5 months old. However, she is still eating good. I do have to add that I saw one of her bottom teeth just barely hanging on & when I toughed it, it fell out. This may sound pathetic, but I'm so happy I get to keep one of her tiny baby teeth.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rang_27

My little Maggie is going through this. She's the typical 5 months old. However, she is still eating good. I do have to add that I saw one of her bottom teeth just barely hanging on & when I toughed it, it fell out. This may sound pathetic, but I'm so happy I get to keep one of her tiny baby teeth.
Thats not pathetic, thats cute!

mrod1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Buddy is 6 months old, I think he is teething, he has been biting on everything for the past month, he bites me too sometimes ouch!
But I haven't seen any teeth fall. I would love to keep one. I have my daughters first baby teeth that fell out. I think it would be cool to keep one for my furby. My daughter would love it too, she could put his tooth under his bed for the toothfairy

dymonnprl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is it possible my Luci is still losing baby teeth at 17-ish months? I found "remnants" of at least two teeth today! She and her big brother do tussle alot, could it be that there were knocked out from fighting? HELP! I'm a little worried!!

mrod1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yep, Buddy is definetly teething at 6 months, He officially lost his first tooth, but I think he swollowed it, he just has a hole in his gum.

dymonnprl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Can anyone answer? Is it possible an 17 month old cat is losing teeth?
They were broken apart, so I can't tell if it was one or two?
HELP!

larke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There could be a serious infection, so ask a vet. I've had lots of cats for a long time and never heard of what you're describing, except when there was an actual problem (infection).