Adult Male Cat Sprays A LOT!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've used Gayle at Gazehound before to "talk" to my kitties and she's fabulous!
Great! Another good review! I am very excited to try her. ...Waiting to see what my tax return will be.

"I have some questions for Angel as well." LOL!  I may be doing more than one call.

I'd love to hear about your experience, if you don't mind sharing. You can PM me.

Last edited:

el60

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am no expert for sure but I heard something about male kittens being neutered too young. If they are then they dont get it all and there are some hormones left . I have no idea if this is true or not so you would have to ask a vet or someone here who is more knowledgeable. My vet wont neuter our kitten till he is six months old but I have heard of kittens being neutered much sooner.

I am afraid he will start to spray and he will continue after his neuter as six months is older to me. I am thinking of getting another vet but this one is much more reasonable as he is a country vet and not in town.

I also had a cat many years ago that started to pee around the house and he was neutered and had the crystals.He would cry a lot before he peed and seemed in pain.

Elinor

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am no expert for sure but I heard something about male kittens being neutered too young. If they are then they dont get it all and there are some hormones left . I have no idea if this is true or not so you would have to ask a vet or someone here who is more knowledgeable. My vet wont neuter our kitten till he is six months old but I have heard of kittens being neutered much sooner.

I am afraid he will start to spray and he will continue after his neuter as six months is older to me. I am thinking of getting another vet but this one is much more reasonable as he is a country vet and not in town.

I also had a cat many years ago that started to pee around the house and he was neutered and had the crystals.He would cry a lot before he peed and seemed in pain.

Elinor
Being neutered too young resulting in it not all 'being got' is a myth, and your vet is old fashioned.

You also clearly show why a cat suddenly peeing in unusual places needs a vet check.

stella123

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
hey,i had this exact issue with my cat...i was told he was 7mths..and neutered..now i'd only ever had female cats before..so i couldn't tell if he was neutered when i went to see him..but i did know he was older then 7mths..more like 10-11 mths...but he was skinny and didn't look too good..so i took him home anyway.Removed his old collar to find it had been too tight and rubbed alot of his neck fur off...but after a few hours of sniffing round my house he was right at home...didn't seem bothered..i was his 3rd home at this point too..

when the spraying began(same day i got him home)...and he really had a spraying spree...my handbag,walls,doors...its an awfuly strong smell...

So i decided he had not been neutered at all..having done some reserch..and booked him in asap..

i cleaned my house and things with washing powder and warm water which did get rid of the smell..

After he was neutered..i was just waiting for him to start spraying again...but so far so good..not once has he sprayed..

simba my cat turned out to be 10 mths old..or there abouts according to my vet..but he is going to be a big cat..he already is now for his age.

but i know he could start spraying again one day...its not a totaly cure for some cats..but fingers crossed it worked for my cat..

and in another month or two simba will be going outside..so any spraying will be outside....outdoor cats rarely spray indoors...as thier scent is already there..

plus the mating erge and territory thing is the last thing on thier minds after neutering...just a warm bed and food is all they care about.....oh and the odd cuddle too!!

Last edited:

el60

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks Oriental Slave 

I did hear that a long time ago and thought it might not be true