Adult cat keeps biting new Kitten. Help!

turkishvanmama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I recently acquired a new female kitten which is now 6.5 weeks old, I've had her since 4 weeks as she was a rescue kitten. Recently my 4 year old neutered male keeps biting her on the neck. It looks terrifying!! He will be watching her for 15 minutes and she will continue to do the same thing she is doing, playing with a toy or just walking around and NOTHING will change then BAM he goes into predator mode and pins her down to the ground by her neck and won't let go. Once he even bit her face. Never is there blood, never does he break the skin. He sometimes is resistant to let go and drags her away a bit by the neck skin.

I've resorted to spanking my older cat every time he does it which I hate. I'm really worried, this seems a bit more than just saying 'I am boss'. It scares me and I want to know if this is normal behavior. Other than the spaced out 'attacks' he seems to be totally ok with her. He just won't stop stalking and prowling her. But he won't play with her. They sniff each other, walk into and past each other without confrontation, so it makes his scary behavior all the more confusing. Please help! If anyone has anything to let me know what the hell is going on.