Ads this morning, 6/9/23

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Getting more ads today... From Disney! At first it takes over the entire page, then it reduces to 1/3 of the page..

Attachments

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Ouch, sorry to see this and thanks for reporting! It's not supposed to be happening and I can't see it on my end or heard others reporting it. I'll forward this to our ad rep so she can look into this. It could be a rogue ad. I hope it doesn't happen again (sometimes another publisher will catch, report and the ad will get squashed before we even report it).

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
i use an ad blocker and that really does a great job
Ads pay the bills for this site and others like it. If everyone were to block ads, there would be no free content on the internet and sites like ours would need to charge users money to surf in order to keep the site going. We try to keep the number of ads shown to logged in users to a minimum, so I hope you and others who are using ad blockers would consider switching it off while visiting TCS.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
No, it stopped... It was just that morning, but I thought it was something I should report. Ok now..Thanks!
The ad company got back to me and said they were seeing Disney ads served here but none showed the reported behavior. Fingers crossed this was just a bug!