Adored Beast Feline Gut Soothe, do you use this product?

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
We have been doctoring Simba, our old guy estimated at around 23, for Hyperthyroidism and weight loss, and he is improved, but at times still will vomit we think from that or maybe eating too much too fast (he has no teeth), plus we are using different foods, but I searched on here and saw several of you suggest this product for other cats who vomit plus I read it is also good for loose stools. Samantha has had a vomiting issue all of her life, despite us using the sensitive stomach foods, so this might help her out too. If you use this product and can share your experiences with it I would be grateful, thank you!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have not personally used it. However, I've heard through both cat people and dog people that the Adored Beast line is 100% top notch. Personally, I would give it a try.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat with ibd would sometimes feel unwell. Probably inflammation. She no longer does after giving it but has soft stools that would look grey so I stopped the gut sooth and will try a powder my vet suggested. Forgot what it's called,only can get it from him.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
what I don't like about it is if my cat continued to feel unwell take her to the vet. Taking adored beast makes it harder to figure out the cause. I tried it because the prednisolone helped but not enough.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
We have been doctoring Simba, our old guy estimated at around 23, for Hyperthyroidism and weight loss, and he is improved, but at times still will vomit we think from that or maybe eating too much too fast (he has no teeth), plus we are using different foods, but I searched on here and saw several of you suggest this product for other cats who vomit plus I read it is also good for loose stools. Samantha has had a vomiting issue all of her life, despite us using the sensitive stomach foods, so this might help her out too. If you use this product and can share your experiences with it I would be grateful, thank you!
It was helping my other cat with vomitting for a while but it stopped working. She has had numerous tests and 4 vets could find nothing wrong. She started eating less. My vet suggested it may be because of my other cat.they do not get along. So he suggested putting her in a separate room with food,water,and litterbox,feliway and see how she does for a week. If no better,ultrasound. Also gave me purina proplan calming care vetenary supplement and cerinia. I saw him yesterday

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It was helping my other cat with vomitting for a while but it stopped working. She has had numerous tests and 4 vets could find nothing wrong. She started eating less. My vet suggested it may be because of my other cat.they do not get along. So he suggested putting her in a separate room with food,water,and litterbox,feliway and see how she does for a week. If no better,ultrasound. Also gave me purina proplan calming care vetenary supplement and cerinia. I saw him yesterday
I hope she feels better soon. Vomiting is such a random symptom that can have so many causes and it's so frustrating trying to figure out what the problem is.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
My vet has 2 cats so he totally understands!I have already tried what he suggested except for the calming care

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I use Calming Care and it acts as an appetite stimulant in the same sense that FortiFlora does. It seems to make food more appealing to them. I have never been able to decide if it does much calming, although people have said that they think it really did help their cats to relax.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got the powder. Haven't given it to her yet because I'm not sure how to! Found this thread that might help if you're vet suggest it for Simba
I'm going to try putting it in cheese bits

My cat's cure for IBD - Tylan

Last edited:

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There are dosing instructions on the label. I started with a lower dose to make sure my guy liked it and have been working up to the full dose. I mix it into wet food and he likes it. All my kitties like it.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I realized I may have been giving her too much. Still loose stools. I started with the medicine he gave me and she had a normal stool hours later. Very difficult to give. I just remembered ,your question was about vommitting. Oops! Learn something new everyday because I forget every day. les26 les26 , I hope the adored beast,whatever you try works out

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I realized I may have been giving her too much. Still loose stools. I started with the medicine he gave me and she had a normal stool hours later. Very difficult to give. I just remembered ,your question was about vommitting. Oops! Learn something new everyday because I forget every day. les26 les26 , I hope the adored beast,whatever you try works out
We just use a little bit, not the full dose, just like stephanietx did, don't want to overload him or any others, and he is doing good! Between this and the holistic thyroid pills he is MUCH better thank God, still vomits here and there but it isn't as violent as it had been. He still pushes for treats but it isn't as much or as loud as before, he seems more settled, is still very much active for his age but better, eats and drinks, thanks!

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought FGS for our Edwina who's had vomiting and digestive problems -- acid on an empty stomach, food sensitivities, stomach inflammation, presumed IBD, etc. -- since we adopted her about 10 years ago at 10 months old. After having patches of stomach inflammation removed in 2022, she was pretty much normal for about six or eight months but then she started sliding back to vomiting. I found FGS during the summer and it has helped her tremendously. She's obviously happier, more comfortable, and more social again, and she hasn't had a real vomit in a long time. She does sometimes regurgitate, though that's most often my fault, from careless feeding. (Particularly feeding too little and then too much. I inadvertently made that mistake earlier this week.) She does very well when lots of factors align since odd things can cause her to go a little haywire: the weather (heat, humidity, and, we think, sharp drops in barometric pressure are all bad) as well as stress (she hates loud noises).

We also started FGS slowly. We could easily see when it started helping: first there was less gas and gurgling, then she got cheerier, then she started demanding less food. She's now rarely furtive around mealtimes. She's been on the full dose for about 2-2.5 months now and even if things aren't quite perfect (we still use some Cerenia) I can't believe all the good changes. The Adored Beast site says that full effects take about two months, which certainly fits Edwina, too. It does seem like she's continuing to get slightly better. I can't say I was skeptical of FGS when we started her on it but I didn't think it would or could help this much. Her asthmatic sister gets half doses that I'm hoping to keep increase, though Ireland's inconsistent about eating wet food!

All of which is to say that we're very enthusiastic about Feline Gut Soothe. I know it doesn't work for every cat but in our case, much to my surprise, it was almost like flipping a switch. I hope it continues to work for Simba, les26 les26 !

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would have given it more time except she left a smelly mess on the carpet,dark brown like my carpet, so I stepped on it, no shoes on. Gross!
Oh, that's awful, maggie101 maggie101 ! It's bad enough to step in barf... but a smelly mess on dark carpet is a whole other level of awful. I'm so sorry you're going through this.

gabicards

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have been giving this to my cat for about a month. He has presumptive IBD, yet no symptoms of anything, other than the occasional hairball. What I noticed immediately after I got him started on this probiotic is that he is less desperate around meal times. He used to start meowing 2 hours before his meals, which I attributed to learned behavior or boredom, but I noticed that he does much less of it now that he's on Gut Soothe, so I'm not thinking it must have had something to do with inflammation.

He's still on a much lower dosage than what is recommended for his weight, but, so far, the product seems to be great.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been giving this to my cat for about a month. He has presumptive IBD, yet no symptoms of anything, other than the occasional hairball. What I noticed immediately after I got him started on this probiotic is that he is less desperate around meal times. He used to start meowing 2 hours before his meals, which I attributed to learned behavior or boredom, but I noticed that he does much less of it now that he's on Gut Soothe, so I'm not thinking it must have had something to do with inflammation.

He's still on a much lower dosage than what is recommended for his weight, but, so far, the product seems to be great.
This is so similar to what we've seen with Edwina, too. In her case, I suspect it's a combination of reduced inflammation (hence reduced stomach ache-type stuff) and reduced anxiety/stress levels because her gut feels better.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm glad it's working for you too. Simba is MUCH better between this product and the holistic pills for Hyperthyroidism, I just said to Deb last night that he still pushes me for treats and all but he is noticably less "pushy", he doesn't "scream" at me like he used to and if I don't give in to him he will at times just walk away so he's not driving me crazy every 5 minutes like before! And he really likes the Iams dry food, so he is doing pretty good, we are so so happy! And we too don't give him 1/4 teaspoon we just give him enough to see it on his food, maybe 1/8th of a teaspoon as we don't want to overdo it, we want to ease into it.

I hope it works for all of your cats out there that need help!!