Adopting Siamese Bonded Pair/will They Bond With Me?

Allisa4757

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello all,

First I am new here and appreciate your help!

I am considering adopting a nicely behaved 1yr old pair of Siamese. The are brother and sister.

My concern is they may not bond to me? I just lost a Siamese to cancer who was very bonded with me. It would be so painful if they didn't want to be around me, but just each other.

What do you think?

Thanks!

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
What is the history of this pair? Have you met them yet and how did they react to you? If they came from a loving home and were socialized, it may be easier for them to develop a bond with you but even if they weren’t they are still young enough where they are adaptable to a new home and person.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Allisa4757

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Susanm.....I am going through a Siamese adoption and they are in Nashville and I am in VA. I will probably not meet them just through videos, but the foster is excellent. I just found out this am I am first in line for them so I will find out more later today.
Thanks so much!

Pucks104

My boys!
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We adopted a bonded pair of brothers- kittens that were 5 months when they came home with us. They are still very bonded with each other but also very loving with myself and my husband. They have accepted outer dogs as well.

SDerailed

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
In my experience with Siameses it will take a while for a bond to occur even if they aren't bonded to each other. The biggest way to get a Siamese to bond is to speak their language. Siamese's have very excellent communication skills and with your prior Meezer experience I'm sure you and them can learn to communicate.
I've learned that Meezers have very complex feelings and hold grudges. So as long as you prove to them that they are important, they will bond.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss :rbheart:

You've gotten good feedback - I think that, as smart as meezers are, and as SDerailed SDerailed said, as long as you become important in their lives, and definitely talk to them, they'll bond :) - LOL I may have gotten it backwards, but you get the idea :lovecat2:
You might want to watch them right at first - there will be the smells from your other kitty that they'll have to deal with, and the new surroundings etc, maybe have some calming products on hand just in case ;)
Will you be able to have a few of their things brought with them, I hope?