adopting another cat

Acatlady1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Adopting another cat and will be another Maine Koon.A friend of mine told me about one,she rescued recently and knows Garfield very well.A female named Bella.Bella is 2 years old and has grown to be attached to me as well.She is a sweetheart.My friend Hailey says I am fit for her.She rescued her from a couple that had a hard time taking care of her.Has not been fixed,Hailey has scheduled for her to get fixed at the vet's office so she cannot have kittens.Hailey said she is mine after this is done.I have a huge heart for the Maine Koons called gentle giants a lot

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This is awesome. You have all the things you'll need like another litterbox, and a little bit of extra money you can set aside for vet expenses down the road?

How To Help A New Cat Adjust To Your Home - TheCatSite Articles

9 Tips That Will Help Your Kitten Adapt To A New Apartment or House - TheCatSite Articles

This one has a lot of info but hopefully some of it will be useful :)

New Cat Checklist: What You Need To Get Before Bringing Kitty Home - TheCatSite Articles

This thread can be useful too;

Cat Food Deals Forum?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Acatlady1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is awesome. You have all the things you'll need like another litterbox, and a little bit of extra money you can set aside for vet expenses down the road?

How To Help A New Cat Adjust To Your Home - TheCatSite Articles

9 Tips That Will Help Your Kitten Adapt To A New Apartment or House - TheCatSite Articles

This one has a lot of info but hopefully some of it will be useful :)

New Cat Checklist: What You Need To Get Before Bringing Kitty Home - TheCatSite Articles

This thread can be useful too;

Cat Food Deals Forum?
I do and looked into this.I have another litter box as well

Acatlady1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Going well,will be getting Bella on Friday.Garfield,I know he is going to have a good friend.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Going well,will be getting Bella on Friday.Garfield,I know he is going to have a good friend.
Goodness.. will she be spayed and brought straight to you? That's a lot for a cat to go through.
You will need to keep them separate for some time, firstly while she heals and then to do introductions.

Acatlady1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Goodness.. will she be spayed and brought straight to you? That's a lot for a cat to go through.
You will need to keep them separate for some time, firstly while she heals and then to do introductions.
I brought Garfield over when I first saw her

Acatlady1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You mean you took your cat over to your friend's house to see the cat she had rescued? Wow, how did that go?

We'd love to see some pictures of your cats.

:heartshape:
It went good,Garfield loves car rides

Acatlady1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's incredibly rare to have a cat that doesn't mind cars and meeting new cats in strange places!
I taught him well,say the word ride.Maine Koons think they are like dogs,Garfield thinks this way

Acatlady1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I did pick up Bella today,she was happy to see me.Found her favorite laying spot,the couch and I call her my couch guard cat.Plays with Garfield very well.She even likes my son,he paid attention to her

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Well, you do have some very unique cats. Is Garfield camera shy too? I guess not if he's been trained to respond to vocal commands and loves car rides. You can probably tell him "Pose" and he'll do something adorable.
:catman:

I hope we can see some pictures of Bella and Garfield soon.

Acatlady1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, you do have some very unique cats. Is Garfield camera shy too? I guess not if he's been trained to respond to vocal commands and loves car rides. You can probably tell him "Pose" and he'll do something adorable.
:catman:

I hope we can see some pictures of Bella and Garfield soon.
I said car ride to Garfield one day and loved hearing that