Adopting adult raw-fed cat.. would like both cats to be fed raw..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sphynx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks all! I think I was being way too optimistic.. also, the notes on Giveadogabone's website suggested transitioning over a period of 4 days which I find a bit unrealistic. I found that by doing what I was doing, I was comprimising my relationship with Caluga which is totally counter-productive. I gave him 100% wet food this morning and he gulped it down. I am going to take the excellent advice offered on this very helpful forum and take it really slowly. When Soso arrives she will be on 100% raw, but that is OK too, and Caluga will take however long it takes and they will each have what is best for them as individuals. Thanks for all the great advice and support!!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So relieved to hear that Caluga ate all the wet food this morning. Absolutely, take this very, very slowly and don't be surprised if you have to keep starting over and over again. I am back to square one with Perla after three months. Back and forth. It can get frustrating but more than that worrisome :nod: I learned really quickly in this forum that some cats just take a very long time to transition. We all seem to HAVE THAT ONE :lol3: kitty that gives us a problem with the raw. Hopefully Caluga will not be THAT ONE :lol2: :cross: :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

sphynx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks Feralvr 
.. nice to know we are not alone! Patience is a virtue for sure!!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So relieved to hear that Caluga ate all the wet food this morning. Absolutely, take this very, very slowly and don't be surprised if you have to keep starting over and over again. I am back to square one with Perla after three months. Back and forth. It can get frustrating but more than that worrisome :nod: I learned really quickly in this forum that some cats just take a very long time to transition. We all seem to HAVE THAT ONE :lol3: kitty that gives us a problem with the raw. Hopefully Caluga will not be THAT ONE :lol2: :cross: :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:
:yeah: That is the case with my kibble addict Lucky - 3 months and counting - every time I say she is 100% on raw she plays a joke on me :lol3:
She is on the veeeeeeryyyyyy beginnings of eating raw - her food still need to be cut into little strips, and she only eats very few meats, as oppose of the other carnivores, that eat pretty much everything. Some cats just take a long time - and it is a-ok. This is not a race....... patience..... Just work with your kitty -listen to her...... No need to hurry up..... keep going, and you will get there :hugs:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe when he sees Soso eating her raw, he'll decide he wants to impress her and have some too :lol3: competition/good role models never hurt!

sphynx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Maybe when he sees Soso eating her raw, he'll decide he wants to impress her and have some too
competition/good role models never hurt!

This!! Exactly what I have been thinking! Well.. she arrives sometime this coming week so I am 
 !!!