Adopted A Stray, But I’m Not Sure How To Get Her Used To Inside Life.

WannabeCatLady

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So, I just brought in a stray that I’ve been feeding for the past month. Poppy is a friendly little thing who is barely 9 months, if even that. I’ve already taken her to the vet, gotten her dewormed, vaccinated, and scheduled her spay. I’m unsure where to go from here, though. My main curiosity is how will she settle into life indoors. She doesn’t seem to dislike indoor life, but she also just seems to exist, if that makes sense. She doesn’t really play, despite the many different toys I’ve offered her, and she isn’t interested in the other cats. On that note, she hasn’t had prolonged exposure to said cats for integration reasons. She’s the first cat I’ve ever homed that has been... aloof? Just wondering if other have taken a stray with similar traits, and if this is just a cover until she’s used to the new environment?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. And thank you for bringing little Poppy into your home. My first suggestion was going to be a vet checkup, and schedule spaying. But you've already done that. :thumbsup:

Is she the only cat in your home? Or are there other cats and/or other animals. That will make a difference as to how you help her to get used to her new environment.

If there are other pets, you will have to do introductions. If she's the only pet, it will be easier.

Here are a few TCS articles that may have some tips for you. Thanks again for bring her in. I hope you and Poppy have a wonderful life together. :catlove:

The Five Golden Rules To Bringing An Outdoor Cat Inside
How To Make Your Home Bigger (at Least For Your Cats)

How To Help A New Cat Adjust To Your Home
9 Tips That Will Help Your Kitten Adapt To A New Apartment

Playing With Your Cat: 10 Things You Need To Know

Good luck. Keep us updated on her progress. And post a picture of her if you can. How To Add A Picture To Your Forum Post

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

WannabeCatLady

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the advice! I'll definitely keep y'all up-to-date, seeing as I'll probably need more help with her, especially if she doesn't figure out this playing thing! Here's a picture of her, if it uploads right. :)