Adopted a second cat - mild regret and in need of some advice

Carteave007

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don’t think it’s as obvious in the pictures but she’s noticeably underweight when you pet her. I’d be more surprised if the vet tells me she doesn’t need to gain a pound or two because you can really feel all of her bones quite prominently.

Also she has a cat tree! She has pretty much everything Sylvie has in the main apartment, she’s been spoiled since day one!

Her vet appointment isn’t until the 16th so we’ll just be waiting for that and hopefully a clean bill of health before I start doing any space swapping or more introduction stuff. The good news is Sylvie doesn’t have any strong reactions to Nina’s scent on me after I come out of her room. She usually sniffs me for a pretty decent amount of time but never shows any signs of stress or agitation.
1-2 lbs would be perfect. I think my kitty needs to gain some weight too. Also glad to hear she also has a cat tree, hopefully she loves it. & that’s a good idea to get her checked out first. It’s crazy how you can get a cat from the rescue place & they say yep she’s been seen by a vet, ready to go home! And then they have giardia and tapeworms (speaking from experience :( ). Hopefully they’ll get along soon, but I think you’ve got a decent start!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mabelmarceline

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
1-2 lbs would be perfect. I think my kitty needs to gain some weight too. Also glad to hear she also has a cat tree, hopefully she loves it. & that’s a good idea to get her checked out first. It’s crazy how you can get a cat from the rescue place & they say yep she’s been seen by a vet, ready to go home! And then they have giardia and tapeworms (speaking from experience :( ). Hopefully they’ll get along soon, but I think you’ve got a decent start!
Yeah Nina feels about the same weight wise as Sylvie did when I adopted her (though she’s deceiving because her fur makes her look bigger haha) so I think 1-2 pounds will be good for her. Luckily (?) I guess haha I have experience with cats and dogs with giardia so I feel pretty confident she definitely doesn’t have that, but yeah i’ll definitely feel better once she can be seen by my regular vet. In my experience it’s usually the private rescues that are less thorough with these kinds of things when they adopt out but I assume it’s because they have less resources available. To be honest I think having to wait so long to take her to the vet have been a big driving force of my anxiety but we’re going to hang in there another week. I’m getting to that nervous-excited stage where I can’t wait for the two of them to start real introductions and I’m looking forward to seeing their relationship progress.

9CDB7C5F-576C-4E90-988F-6EB45F967BAA.jpeg
1BACBA52-8164-4886-8DC9-06B9DFB1F654.jpeg

Happy Monday from the kids :)

Edac3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Any update on your situation? I found your thread because I am going through a situation almost identical to yours 😅 are the kitties getting along?