Adjusting kittens in change of room

Calicokittens

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I have been stressing on this a lot. I recently got 3 12 week old semi feral kittens. They are in a big dog cage, because my bathroom has a hole in the wall and my room has too many available hiding spaces. They will always live in my room due to some dogs we have. They have been warming up to me a lot. But not to the point they will follow me around like dogs. They are not big enough right now, as they are only 14 weeks, to be let into my room but when they are I am concerned they will become unlocalized again. My room is 15x16, so pretty big with lots of places to hide and run. Like- once I let them out it’s really up to them if they wanna stay semi feral or a house cat with all that freedom. So if anyone even understands wth I’m saying and could help me, I would appreciate it. I’m rlly sorry if this made no sense lol. But also, I do have a little hope because one of my girls escaped while I was feeding them and she let me pick her up by the scruff to bring her back when I got to her level.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
At 14 weeks these kittens are big enough where they need a larger space to run and play. They should do fine now in your room now. I would take care of any obvious hazards and if they do hide they wont do it for long. But I am wondering about your long term plans. Living in a single room isn’t really the ideal for three cat. Also wondering if you are planning on getting them spayed or neutered soon.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Calicokittens

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They are already spayed and neutered. If they get big enough and social enough in the next few months, they can have access out of my room at night and hopefully day sooner or later. I have one foster dog is not ideal with cats but it should be adopted or brought to another foster by the time the kittens are old enough to stay out.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Cardboard boxes and duct tape can be used to make barriers to keep them out from under furniture until they are more accustomed to you, and a bit bigger and more experienced. It will look like jolly heck, but it will do the job, and is only temporary!