Acting strangely.

mainecoonmama12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So Lilly-Belle has been fixed for about two weeks now. Initially she was just as affectionate, but for the last few days she's seems...off. She's been very skittish with Joe and myself, she hasn't really been hiding, as she lays where we can see her, but if you walk towards her while she's standing, she'll sprint away from you. She's also been doing this thing in our bed, where she'll act like she's digging and ounce around on invisible prey, then she'll grab the tip of her tail and let it go. There's this little indent in the bed where Joe lays, and she loves laying there. Normally, when I wake up, she's in that spot, so I don't know if she always digs or if it's just recently. I dunno, something just seems off to me. Any help would be much appreciated

catpack

TCS Veteran
Kitten
Purraise
Whenever you notice a new or odd behavior it's always best to consult your vet.

I do wonder if her skittishness could just be her playing?

lykakitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That sounds playful to me. The sprinting off sounds like her trying to get you to play, and it's pretty normal for cats to pounce on imaginary prey and attack their tails. Calypso chases her tail all the time :lol3: If you do feel like something is off, though, have the vet check her out, just to be safe. Trust your instincts.

Last edited:

mjpeter

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What you are describing in the bed is normal behavior for my 6 month kitten. He spends at least a half hour each evening pouncing on our toes, the blanket, or chasing his tail. Sounds like normal kitten behavior, but if it's bothering you or really seems off for her, I'd call the vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mainecoonmama12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's actually been perfectly fine today. I have a chronic condition that's really been taking a toll on me lately and today hit me really bad, and Lilly-Belle spent most of the day laying next to me, and if she wasn't, Chewie was. She's been super loving and it's so sweet, because whenever she would leave the room, she'd come back in jump on the bed, sniff me, rub against me, and then settle into that little divet in the bed. She also hasn't been too far away from me today. It's been really nice. I'm only feeling just a little bit better, but it's nice having two things that care about me that much.