Ack-trying to talk my stepdaughter out of

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What about Nala?
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...?petid=2838151
It's basically the same story as Jen posted, but this is a real cat looking for a home who probably will never get one...all for the sake of the family's convenience(sp?).

Maybe you can talk to the vet about having the hubby watch another cat get declawed? I'm sure after seeing that, he'll change his mind.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sea witch

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I dunno, my son in law is awful dang stubborn. But as I said, she's already looking at the soft claws thing, and in fact I may just buy them to get her started.

Plus, she was asking her dad today about how we trained our cats to not claw furniture, and he also stressed with her to make sure the scratching posts are not carpet, but something DIFFERENT.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats are fully armed and not ONE of them has EVER scratched my furniture. There are 2 posts, a sisal mat and a cat tree for them to have at, so the couch never really appealed to them.

I have one cat who goes with me on therapy visits and as such, she wears Soft Paws. They are truly manna from heaven. They are quite labor intensive though, so they might not be something to rely on 100% as a lifetime solution. But man, they work WONDERS for my specific situation.

nath 1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise