Accepting New Bed?

dianamc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
At 6 mos. Dandelion was really too big for her little "donut" bed from Petco.  Fosters&Smith had a sale on a foam one with sides that's covered with a pile and I put her old bed in it. Last night I let her stay in the living room on the cat tree for the first time instead of shutting her in the outer room.

Today I'm hearing complaints from out there and I'm not positive but I think it might be the bed.  Should I give it awhile? I'd put three Temptations in it last night (her usual bedtime snack) and they were still there this morning but eventually vanished.  She did look it over last night when I had it on the couch but sat on me instead.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dianamc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Never mind.  She's laying in it looking martyred. Now I just have to decide about removing the old bed.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
:lol3::lol3::lol3: Typical cat! We have beds here that were never used, and some that were ignored for months before they were tried out. Our last cat would only use one of his beds in the summer, and it took him from September to June to even look at it. I thought it would be nice and cosy in cold weather, but he obviously didn't think it was for wintertime. Sometimes it's just a matter of finding the right elevated place for the bed. :vibes: that she decides she likes it.

stephiedoodle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It took lilly breaking her hind leg to lay and sleep in the soft plushy bed we bought the morning of the day we adopted her. Now she prefers the nest in her cat tree ver her polka dot bed.