AC

racn1320

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat loves to sniff put her head over the ac vents in the house,doesnt do it with heat tho. funny. Wonder why? Anybody else's do this?

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He wants to be a cool cat! 

Maybe there's a smell he's interested in.  The air conditioning and the heat come from different parts of the central air conditioning unit.  They likely have different smells and I bet your kitty can tell the difference where a human's sense of smell might not notice.

But, if Kitty likes being a cool cat, as long as he's not hurting anything, more power to him! 

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have noticed the different smells from the ac vs the heat. But I don't know that my girls have ever taken an interest like that!  Maybe it's carrying the scent of something interesting.  Like when cats at the window will suddenly perk their nose up and sniff a bit while lounging in a window.  

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There must be some kind of synchronicity going on, here, because I was sitting on the sofa, reading these messages and I looked over to see Casper sitting in front of the central air vent!

I don't know for sure but it sort of seems like he is investigating something down, inside the air duct. I know we don't have mice or anything. Maybe it's just the sound and the smells of the central air system.

I dunno... Cats is cats. ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

racn1320

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So funny they like that

detroitcatlady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't know for sure but it sort of seems like he is investigating something down, inside the air duct. I know we don't have mice or anything. Maybe it's just the sound and the smells of the central air system.

I dunno... Cats is cats.
My cats do this when the heat is on.
Mine like to sit in front of the heat vents and even sleep in front of them they get all full of static though so I get shocked when I pet them a lot in the winter. I don't have central air, I have window A/Cs but my cats will also sit right in front of them to feel the cold air coming out. The noise also seems to attract them to it. Cats are silly with things like that.