about bathing your cats

fireshoes

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Soft paws are vinyl nail caps for your cat, so they don't hurt you or your furniture when they scratch. Your cats can still retract there claws like normal. You just use the adhesive that is included to fasten onto each nail, then when one falls off, you just replace it. They apparently last about 6 weeks.

Oh and they come in 5 colors, in case you have a glamour cat.

nena10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hardly bathe Jake anymore. Since I've been feeding him Iams and eukanuba, his coat feels nice and soft. I have seen those Soft Paws and I want to get them for Jake since they are an alternative to getting him declawed. I also trim his nails. One question, for those of you who have white cats, how do you maintain them clean? On Jake's white paws, sometimes you can see dirt on them.

logan0103

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks Fireshoes,
Can you get them for the back claws too? Also where can you get them? Surprisingly my little one kicks off with her back legs & scratches us more that way then with her front paws.

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
LOL, clean white paws. If the white cats are indoors, they really dont get dirty at all. There is nothing you can do short of washing their paws all the time. They do make a special shampoo you can use to keep a white cats coat white. You can find it at most pet stores.

logan0103

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
:blubturq:
Hey, I just noticed I turned 100 and I'm an ADULT CAT , also it's 103, my address.
Guess it shows how much I love this place. I've only been here a little over a month I think.:flash:

God Bless you,all my new friends

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congrats!! Keep it up and you will end up like me..hehe. This place should be considered a controlled substance.

muf

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
bathing cats
hey I am having a problem
I am not sure how to do this I am new

hattkatts

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Muf
bathing cats
hey I am having a problem
I am not sure how to do this I am new
Hello Muf, and welcome to the site! There is an article already on this site at http://www.thecatsite.com/grooming/bath.html which may be of some help to you. I also have an article on the A-Z's of bathing in my computer but it is a 7 page download. If you don't find what you are looking for or if you want my article let me know. Again, welcome to TheCatSite.

Pete

bodlover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I bathe my longhaired cats every now and then, usually I just plonk them in the sink (ignoring the winges and sad little mews) they're not too bothered anymore - they just like to complain to make mummy feel as guilty as possible! the more guilty they make me feel the more treats they get when I've finished! I even blow dry them with my hairdryer on the lowest setting with the cool shoot on, and voila! - a nice clean smelling little puff ball ready to get grubby again!(stuffing their faces with all the peace offerings I put on the floor!)