Advisor
Purraise
Correct if in any doubt do separate in a quarantine

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
However, if your cats are fully vaccinated there is little to worry about.

You can go ahead and de-flea and de-worm the stray cat safely while she is pregnant. She can also be treated for parasites now.

Have you brought her in yet?

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
Maybe wear an oven mitt or heavy glove so when she bites down during contractions it won't hurt you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Maliadeidre

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
UPDATE! Chocolate (mama cat) delivered 5 purrfect and healthy kittens this morning between 12am and 2:30am! I stayed up with her the whole time and watched from a distance just to make sure there weren't any complications. Both her and the kittens are doing great☺

Attachments

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
Wonderful! Kittens look to be a good size & only one with mama's coloring.

poppy09

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My only concern with letting her be around my cats is that she's been an outdoor cat and considering her owners abandoned her I can only assume she hasn't been vaccinated. so I want to keep her away from them until the kittens are weaned and I'm able to take her to get spayed, vaccinated, and tested for any diseases.
OMG they are adorable. It's amazing to watch isn't it!

Just to clarify I was trying to say that I'm sure she'll be fine in the bathroom, ours were fine in the living room :)

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fantastic ! Her 8th kitter she's probably a professional by now !!

Maliadeidre

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
OMG they are adorable. It's amazing to watch isn't it!

Just to clarify I was trying to say that I'm sure she'll be fine in the bathroom, ours were fine in the living room :)
Yes it was incredible! Thank you!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They look very healthy. Thank goodness this is her final litter. Mom has been through a lot.

Maliadeidre

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
However, if your cats are fully vaccinated there is little to worry about.

You can go ahead and de-flea and de-worm the stray cat safely while she is pregnant. She can also be treated for parasites now.

Have you brought her in yet?
I just saw this, sorry! Okay wonderful I will get some flea treatment from the vet and bring her in for checkup/deworming! I don't want to separate her from the kittens since she just had them but I will call the vet and see what they recommend.

Maliadeidre

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Maybe wear an oven mitt or heavy glove so when she bites down during contractions it won't hurt you.
Thank you for the tip! She wasn't biting my hands though. She got my arm and my leg a couple of times and kept trying for my toes. Luckily that's all over now! After having the kittens she has been back to her normal sweet self.

desert82

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awe they are absolutely adorable!! Its so amazing to be able to witness something like that, I was kinda in shock when I was watching mine. She only had 2 thank goodness :). I had to leave the room when she ate the placentas though couldn't stomach that really but such an amazing thing to witness if you never have like myself. Little tiny fragile life's being brought into the world. So sweet.

Last edited by a moderator: