AAAAHH! Cat pee!!!

kittycorner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So I am at a loss as to what else to do so I am turning to you all for help. I have a 3 yr old neutered male who is an extremely sensitive to change. A little background on us-we had to foreclose on our house and move in with family who had a huge basement for us. Since the move he has been inappropriately urinating from time to time. I have installed the Feliway plug ins throughout the house as well as put him on Buspar to mellow him out some. While it seemed to keep things under control for a while I have found cat pee in 2 different places today-once on the bathroom sink and once on my 3 yr old daughters blankets to her bed and a pillow animal she has. I am not 100% sure it is him either which makes it very frustrating as we have several chronic offenders in this particular offense. I am pretty sure it is him with all the changes that have happened with us lately but not sure how else to keep him calm and stop peeing so that we do not get kicked out of the house for a cat who pees. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

xulili

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Have you ruled out medical problems for the improper peeing? If the cat is allready prone to stress it would not take much to make him ill and peeing out of the box is normaly the first sign of illness. If after you take him to the vet and he gets a clean checkup and the peeing is still happening try cat attract litter adding another box close to the area he goes. Also some cleaners have strange attractents to my cats could be the same with yours. Make sure when you clean up the pee to use a enzyme cleaner.

javern

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Once you rule out health issues try some cat attract cat litter