A Yowl Then Hiding :-(

earthwormgym

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hey guys,

Our poor Arlo doesn’t seem right. Over last 2 weeks, he’s starting yowling in the middle of the night (found by litter box) then tries to find a hiding spot. We took him to the vet and their initial thoughts were constipation. They prescribed digestive food which we thought solved the problem...until last night when he did it again.

Could this be simply an attention seeking behavior that he’s now trying? Or are we thinking something more serious going on here? The hiding part makes us very suspicious that there’s an underlying issue here...

bitkit

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I try to note how often my cats pee and poop and examine their poop and pee for size and color. I think I've gotten carried away because I've had a lot of cats with diarrhea and utis.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Howling at night is common in adult cats but I would also get concerned if the cat was also hiding. I would call your vet and get their suggestion about whether he should be seen again. I would also start checking his urine output to see if he seems to be urinating normal amounts and a fresh poop to see if it seems soft or very hard.