A weird thing happens when my cat does number two...

sargon

High Priest of Freya, The Slightly Bitey.
Super Cat
Purraise
Often my cat will, after a play session, run of to the litter box to do her business.   Afterwards, she'll come back and seem much more energetic.  It isn't anything that I'm worried about (she's a healthy, energetic kitten), it's just a little weird how she seems to come back super charged.   My housemate thinks that she just feels that much lighter ;>

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Just relate it to doing a bunch of human exercises or running a 10k.
  My cat uses the litter box after playing also but usually it's #1.  However, if he's particularly frisky it's #2.

Last edited:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
My rainbow cat Milo used to bolt from the box after pooping and launch into the zoomies every morning.  He always looked so delighted - it was seriously adorable. 

mingsmongols

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
its a predator avoidance technique. Their really vulnerable when using the bathroom. by zooming they put distance between them and the smell and show any potential predators watching how fast they are, basiclly stating 'I might have been distracted before but im no easy meal". lol

basschick

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
our feral cat, jeep, when he was a kitten had constipation issues.  after we had that sorted out (a very tiny amount of vegetable oil did the trick), after every time he'd use the box, he'd happily zoom around the living room at top speed for several laps, happy and excited.  it was very cute except for the day he had the runs while he ran... WHAT a mess that was!