A Very Pregnant Cat Adopted Me And Brought Me Her First Litter Of Kittens As Well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Skyeclad

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So here we are now.. at day 9/10. We weigh 8.8 and 10.8 oz. My handy cheat sheet says these guys are piggies.. Everyone is doing well. Mom's stitches are all inside but everything looks good. I get a good view of her belly when she rolls around letting me rub it :D I let mom come out of the cage when I'm in the room, she hangs out with me and receives lots of love. Her spoiled rotten first 4 kittens are growing so fast, and they are into EVERYTHING! I have a lead on a home for two of them, possibly next week.

Otherwise, the hunt is on for homes for those four terrors. (we call them the thundercats).

I've been away for the last three days, so I'm enjoying visiting them all tonight.

Skyeclad

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have another question :) we're at 10 days now. I still have her and the kittens in a cage. She seems to want to move them, should I let her?

Edited to add: I went ahead and let her move them, she seemed to be stressed out being locked up. The babies are over the 10 day weight goal so, they must be doing ok. Since this is my office/quilting room. I'm in here most evenings and I come in to spend time with them all anyway, so I'll be able to keep an eye on her and them.

Last edited:

Skyeclad

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So, we're at day 17 now. These two little guys weigh 11 and 12.5 oz. I haven't named them yet.. but they're 2.5 weeks old now and they are wandering around my craft room! They're both still very dark. I can't believe they're mobile. I'm not ready for that! lol.

Anyway, other than my little surprise visit with them this evening, they're doing well and their beautiful mom is doing well.

Skyeclad

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Big brother, helping with the cat napping lessons.

Skyeclad

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
and I have a kitten who is eating kitten food :D Just like that, all of a sudden, all grown up!
Other little guy hasn't started eating kitten food yet but I imagine tomorrow, I'll come home and dinner time will include that show!