A sweet treat for cat lovers

tammurz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I ran across this recipe that I thought was quite cute!! I hope you and your cats enjoy it.

Litter Box Cake

1 pkg. spice cake mix
1 pkg. white cake mix
1 pkg. white sandwich cookies
green food coloring
12 small tootsie rolls
1 box vanilla pudding mix (not instant)
1 NEW, CLEAN litter box
1 NEW, CLEAN litter-box scoop

Prepare the cake mixes and bake according to their directions. Prepare the pudding mix and chill until ready to assemble. Use a blender on a low setting to crumble the white sandwich cookies in small batches; they tend to stick, so scrape often. Set aside all but about 1/4 cup. To the 1/4 cup of cookie crumbs, add a few drops of green food coloring and mix by using a fork.

After the cakes cool to room temperature, crumble them into a large bowl. Toss with half the remaining cookie crumbs and the chilled pudding. Gently combine. Line a NEW, CLEAN litter box with plastic wrap. Put the mixture into the box. Put three unwrapped Tootsie Rolls in a microwave-safe dish and heat until they're soft and pliable. Shape the ends so that they're no longer blunt, curving them slightly. Repeat with three more Tootsie Rolls and bury them in the mixture.

Sprinkle the ohter half of the cookie crumbs over the top of the mixture. Scatter the green cookie crumbs lightly over the top, too--these are supposed to look like the chlorophyll in cat litter. Heat the remaining Tootsie Rolls, three at a time, in the microwave until they're almost melted. Taper the ends as before, then plop them on the top of the cake and sprinkle with cookie crumbs.

Serve with a NEW, CLEAN cat-box scoop.

Enjoy!!

badgraykitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
that is absolutely HYSTERICAL!!!!!!!
I would love to try that at the next office party, but they wouldn't think it was funny and would probably hate me!!
I would love to know if anyone tries this at a party!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Yeah

I posted about this some time ago -

Here's a link to the previous post of the recipe + a photo of the cake:

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...3?threadid=117

I don't think I could ever eat this! In fact I'm pretty naseuos right now (for good reasons
) so I'd better not look at it for too long.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tammurz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
ACK!! Thats disgusting! After seeing the picture I dont think I will have any cake for a while hehe

my3boys

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is so funny, I don't know if I could eat it either, but it sure would be fun to set it out just to see the reactions of the other people, especially if I started picking out the tootsie rolls & kept eating them. Saying, "Man, this is good S---" LOL!!

terricar05

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I can't believe how real that dessert litter box looks. That is so hilarious.

rene

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A friend of mine brought the cake to one of our meetings and we all actually did eat it (at least the cat people did, the dog people were just a little put off by the whole thing). Debbie spent some time explaining that it was a new, unused litter box! It definitely was an experience.