A show we watched on Netflix about Declawing cats....

rachelinaz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I agree with my 7 year old son, anyone considering declawing, really needs to watch this show. You hear about it, read about it but man, until you see what it does (and not just one or two issues can go wrong) and that is not talk about the long term affects.

Has any one seen this show?

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

rachelinaz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I didn't know how to link to a Netflix show. It was pretty graphic in areas. I wouldn't declaw anyways but if I even was debating on it... This would change my mind.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, then, best not to link it then as it may be too disturbing to view but would absolutely get it's point across to would-be owners considering declaws.

thesighrye

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
OMG.

I literally turned this on Netflix yesterday. I will be honest, though, I got ten minutes into it and I had to turn it off. I was close to tears.

I completely understand the issues and ramifications of declawing, so I didn't feel it necessary to keep watching such upsetting material and bum myself out. But you are totally right--this is something that someone really should watch if they are considering declawing their cat for any reason.

For now I'm just gonna try and think happy thoughts like non-declawed baskets of kittens and cupcakes and all that stuff.......

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

For now I'm just gonna try and think happy thoughts like non-declawed baskets of kittens and cupcakes and all that stuff.......
I don't think I could watch it either because I already know how terribly cruel, painful and torturous declawing is. I am going to think of what you describe above too. :lol3: :bigthumb:

thesighrye

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
@OceanBreathes  I'm too curious  for my own good. What was Earthlings about? I can already tell I won't want to see it lol just wondering what the premise of it is. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rachelinaz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I really think if "parents" are going to declaw... It should be a law... Ppl need to watch and maybe a class. Make sure it sunk in.

oceanbreathes

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

thesighrye

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

This is the only description I could find that wasn't difficult to read as the reviews are pretty graphic: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earthlings_(film)

I had to do some major "mental cleansing" from just watching a few minutes of it. 
Oh god. Well, thanks for that, it was brief enough and it gave me enough detail to understand what it was about. 

I've mistakenly watched some Peta ads and footage they've uncovered......don't do it! I know they're trying to raise awareness and these things ARE actually happening....but I can't help but feel this is a more extremist way of approaching it 
 <<<and leaves me all like that

oceanbreathes

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I think for Earthlings to actually be effective people would need to be able to sit through it.  And those who could actually sit through it(sociopaths?) probably aren't the types who would actually make ethical changes based on the film, imo.