A Reversal of Roles

Geoffrey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When Rupert was a young Siamese cat, we had a cottage on the shore of an inlet 20 miles north of Sydney.. All of the neighbours knew each other well so we were quite comfortable in leaving our doors open to allow Rupert, and his brother Kerry, to go in or out as they wished.

Unfortunately Emmie, next door’s Jack Russel Terrier, also had full access to our cottage - and Rupert’s food plate. Rupert objected, and whenever he saw Emmie near his plate he went after her and drove her, not only out of the house, but fleeing all the way along the path to our neighbour’s door and safety!

Our next door neighbour came to us and asked us:  "Please can you stop your cat from chasing my dog along the path"

With regards,

Geoffrey

Last edited:

skelekittycat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
One of my mums cats actually attacked our neighbours dog. The dog, as lovely as she is, did have it coming, as every time she would see Samwise she would chase him. One day, he got fed up it seems, and chased her back, and gave her a good beating for her trouble.

The neighbours went absolutely mental at my mum, but all my mum could say was "well, you let her chase him, he was always going to stand up for himself at some point".

The dogs don't chase the cats anymore 

keirarizu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Cats are real feisty when they want to be ;) My roommates cat chases the dogs who dare walk by the house hahaha~

piano cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
LOL, when I was little we got a puppy.  We already had an adult female black cat who had just showed up at our new house.  Well, the people next door had a big white German Shepherd and it got into our yard and chased our very young puppy around to the back of our house.  Where the GSD ran into our black cat, who jumped on it's back and the next we saw the GSD was streaking for home with the cat riding it.

And just now I was playing with my dog  and decided to see what he'd do if I cried and whined as if he'd hurt me.  He just looked at me but after checking me out our smallest cat went over and bit the dog.  Guess I don't need a 67 pound Lab to protect me when I have a little 7 pound cat.  

magister

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When I was in my early teens, we had a tortie-and-white girl whom nothing and nobody messed about if they knew what was good for them. She could be extremely affectionate, but get her upset if she was in the wrong mood, and you knew about it.

Once, she baled up a huge Alsatian belonging to a council worker who was working on the road out the front of our place. Far from being upset, he just couldn't believe what he was seeing, and was almost doubled up laughing (she had the poor dog pinned up against the fence, too terrified to move).

On another occasion, a friend of ours (a cabinet-maker who lived just across the road) had come across to visit, and his Lab had followed him; she was a big dog. Anyway, the cat took one look, and in the next instant she was chasing the dog round and round the yard, determined to rip her heart out and eat it while she watched! :D I swear I've never known anything to move so fast. Again, the friend was just stunned rather than upset; the poor dog just didn't know what had hit her! :D

Fortunately, although she could be extremely territorial, the cat never actually attacked a dog; she seemed content with scaring the absolute hell out of them. :D I wonder now whether she did it sometimes just for the fun of frightening the life out of them. :)

Last edited: