A QUIET wet food dispencer

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not getting sleep with my cat demanding food a few times 1 am to 5 am. To get fed she walks on my head!
I was looking at videos for the Cat Mate c300 and the c 500. But mine is scared of every little upset and that timer is so noisy it would scare her off.
Any one have an auto wet feeder that is quiet?

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Krista and Betty both endorse the clamshell feeders over the wheel or the multi-compartment ones. For one thing, you have more flexibility in the timing. For the other, it's easier to build in redundancy in the very rare case one fails to open. And finally, they don't set a time limit on a portion. Once they are open, they're open until you close them again.
IMG_2536.JPG

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I ended up getting the win clam shell ones..c200. And I ordered the stainless steel feeding trays.
It arrived today and to get her used to eating out of them before I put in the batteries, I have been feeding her in the trays with no problem. Tomorrow night I will try them out..she taps me on the arm and meows loudly right in my ear, then walks over my head at midnight and again around 4. I could use a night of uninterrupted sleep rather than having to give in to taking a cat nap during the day!
She is a brat!
So ...fingers crossed.

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well that was useless. The timer cat mate c200 arrows don't budge even though I can hear the ticking!
Returning it tomorrow and ordered a replacement from Chewy.
If that doesn't work properly I will have to get a knock off.:bat:

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well the one from Chewy is supposed to come on Wednesday. But it is like playing roulette. Will I get one of the working ones or will I get another dud? We'll see. The reviews have many complaints about the timers. They really should take it back to the drawing table and iron out the kinks.
One of the problems I find when I return Amazon items and reorder is I get items as a replacement that have obviously been returned, repackaged and resold as new. There will be spots, or fingerprints or wonky tape jobs on the box ..so disheartening to have to inspect something to see if I am getting someone's return. I will report back on what I find.
Anyway..another night of waking up to feed her and quell the meowing like she is ready to die from starvation. Geesh..it's like having a newborn in the house....at my age??!!

suzeanna

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have the Cat Mate C500 and it's a little loud if you're in the same room (i.e., you'll wake up), although I feel like it got a lot quieter over the last few years I've had it. Still works fine. Cat loves it. Regardless of which one you end up using, an automatic overnight feeder will change your life/sleep! 🤩

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have the Cat Mate C500 and it's a little loud if you're in the same room (i.e., you'll wake up), although I feel like it got a lot quieter over the last few years I've had it. Still works fine. Cat loves it. Regardless of which one you end up using, an automatic overnight feeder will change your life/sleep! 🤩
You are one of the few who has one that has lasted that long.

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you cat moms feed kibble only from the dispensers? My cat hates cold food and I know the icepack is going to be a difficulty with wet food in the middle of the night. I am trying to find a happy solution for serving wet food. I am afraid to leave the wet food out w/o the ice pack, especially with boiled chicken shredded in it.

suzeanna

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I do feed kibble overnight (15 kibble pieces exactly), it's the only dry food she gets. I think some people freeze wet food in ice cube trays and just pop a cube out before going to bed (assuming it'll thaw by the time the feeder is set for) -- might take some trial and error/testing.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you cat moms feed kibble only from the dispensers? My cat hates cold food and I know the icepack is going to be a difficulty with wet food in the middle of the night. I am trying to find a happy solution for serving wet food. I am afraid to leave the wet food out w/o the ice pack, especially with boiled chicken shredded in it.
I am not sure how long the cold last,probably only a few hrs. The meat is cooked so I don't worry about it

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night I used the cat mate C200 twin clam shell feeder . The timers worked just fine and I cannot hear the ticking at all. It opens silently. I also got the stainless steel insert dishes to fit. It comes with an ice pack. I used a smaller one I already had .
This one I got from Chewy. The dud I sent back was from Amazon. I guess from the reviews there are a bunch of duds in circulation on Amazon, so it is like playing roulette. But, so far so good....'cause I got sleep last night!!!!:yess: