A puppy followed me home

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I took my dogs for a walk last night and when I was almost back to the house there was this man and woman walking and they had this little puppy running around them. It didn't have a leash or a collar on it and when it stopped to sniff my two dogs, they didn't seem to care if it was still with them or even concerned when they were pretty far away, so I'm assuming it wasn't their puppy. The puppy ended up following me around the block back to my house and I currently have it in my backyard because I was afraid it would go out into the road and get hit. I posted an ad on Craigslist to see if anyone was looking for it. I also just drove around the neighborhood to see if any signs have been posted, but there's nothing. Any ideas on what I should try next?

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Have you called the local shelters in your area to see if anyone reported it missing? You might also try local vets in your area. All you can do is advertise and let as many people know about him as possible.

Can you guess hold old the puppy is? If in the 8 month-ish range, there is a possibility that it was last year's Christmas present that lost it's charm. I used to get a lot of those dumped around my old neighborhood. They usually showed up in early spring, but there were the early summer dumps.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for caring for it and trying to find it's home.....I'm with Rigel..any pics you can share?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I ended up finding the owner through Craigslist and was so happy I could make someone's day! She said they were at a bbq here in my neighborhood and they left the puppy outside for about 5 minutes, came back out, and poof it was gone. The funny thing was she said she never checks Craigslist but for some reason she decided to look even though she thought it would be a lost cause.

I'm a little sad the puppy is gone now though. One of my doggies really enjoyed the playtime with her. I would post a picture I had taken but I'm on a mac right now and can't figure out how to save it to the desktop. It was really cute and friendly. I knew it kind of looked like a chihuahua but I couldn't figure out what kind of dog she was so I asked the owner. She said the puppy was chihuahua/rat terrier with HUGE ears. I loved the big ears they were so cute!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so glad you found her family and they are good puppy parents who just had a momentary lapse. I'm sure you made their week!

I'm sure she was a cutie-patootie, and FULL of energy!!