A New "Raw"some Beginning... (yup - another one LOL)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Can you say "whipped"?  Sure, I knew you could.    With a pretty face like Perla's, she should be able to get by with wrapping you around her cute little paws.
:lol2: I am glad that you all got a laugh along with me on this one. Perla never ceases to crack me up with her just being HER. Perla's face just makes me laugh - just looking at her makes me happy and smile for some reason. I don't think I have ever had the honor of being owned by a cat like her before - in all of my years. I am 100% HER tame serf and GOD forbid if I change my slippers. :rofl: She certainly takes the prize on being VERY finicky and particular about everthing in life. She really is the sweetest thing though - I just love who she is so very much. :heart3:

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am glad that you all got a laugh along with me on this one. Perla never ceases to crack me up with her just being HER. Perla's face just makes me laugh - just looking at her makes me happy and smile for some reason. I don't think I have ever had the honor of being owned by a cat like her before - in all of my years. I am 100% HER tame serf and GOD forbid if I change my slippers.
She certainly takes the prize on being VERY finicky and particular about everthing in life. She really is the sweetest thing though - I just love who she is so very much.
I think we all love her and that beautiful face of hers.  Can you imagine what she and Sugar could get up to together?

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think we all love her and that beautiful face of hers.  Can you imagine what she and Sugar could get up to together?
OH thank you !!!!! Perla is happy to hear that she has another fan here on TCS!!! :princess: :worship: :lol2:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
WHY are my updates ALWAYS about the :princess: Perla!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol3: SOOOOOOOO Stella and Chewey's just came out with a new way to package up their freeze-dried cat food in almost one ounce pouches. Works out to be the same price as the larger 12 oz. bags but much easier to manage. AND they have new proteins. TURKEY being one of them. OMG Perla will eat a whole pouch rehydrated very well in one sitting. I know.... :nono: that really works out to almost 4 oz. of raw meat calorie-wise!!!! Princess Pudge we do not want!!!! But, I am really happy about this because I have been trying like crazy to incorporate other things into her diet OTHER than Rad Cat Lamb and Turkey. In fact, all the cats love the S&C FD Turkey. Great little treats too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Last edited:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That's great that your little princess likes the new Turkey flavor.  All of mine seem to like the new Duck flavor.  Maybe I should give the Turkey a try.  I was kind of bummed when they did away with their chicken and beef combo, because that was a favorite around here, but happily they took to another flavor quickly.  (if only they would do the same with the wet stuff
)  

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oooooo, new S&C flavors? :clap: :clap: :clap: The only one I've used is chicken, because I won't do salmon, and they don't eat beef.

But GREAT news on the :princess: having another source of raw she'll eat! :rub: :D

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's great that your little princess likes the new Turkey flavor.  All of mine seem to like the new Duck flavor.  Maybe I should give the Turkey a try.  I was kind of bummed when they did away with their chicken and beef combo, because that was a favorite around here, but happily they took to another flavor quickly.  (if only they would do the same with the wet stuff :lol3: ) 
OH SALLY, I have to laugh because mine HATE the duck. :flail: OMG that would be too funny if yours hate the turkey. The great thing about these small packages is that you can easily try any of the new flavors without breaking the bank on a WHOLE BAG!!!!!!!!!! I love it. So easy, convenient. I just pour some water into the little bag and let it sit for a minute or so. GREAT IDEA - Stella and Chewey's :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

mrsgreenjeens

Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
OK, so what other flavors of the S & C do yours hate?  l know mine will probably like those
(I don't want to throw any more money away than I need to, trying all these things...I just gave away MOST of my Hare Today stuff before it got too freezer burnt, since it was obvious that my 3 pickies weren't going to eat it
.  I kept some of the HT duck, thinking since they like the S & C freeze dried duck, maybe they'll like the "real thing", but so far it's been a "no go".  Naturally. 
)  Another big

Oh!
  I forgot to tell you, did you notice on the Duck, Duck Goose S & C that the 2nd and 3rd ingredients are turkey?  Odd, huh?  Wonder why yours don't like it, since they like the turkey.  And I wonder why they don't call it Duck, Turkey, Goose?  Funny the things I wonder about. 

Last edited:

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WHY are my updates ALWAYS about the :princess: Perla!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol3: SOOOOOOOO Stella and Chewey's just came out with a new way to package up their freeze-dried cat food in almost one ounce pouches. Works out to be the same price as the larger 12 oz. bags but much easier to manage. AND they have new proteins. TURKEY being one of them. OMG Perla will eat a whole pouch rehydrated very well in one sitting. I know.... :nono: that really works out to almost 4 oz. of raw meat calorie-wise!!!! Princess Pudge we do not want!!!! But, I am really happy about this because I have been trying like crazy to incorporate other things into her diet OTHER than Rad Cat Lamb and Turkey. In fact, all the cats love the S&C FD Turkey. Great little treats too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
Where did you find these small bags? I heard from an on line seller that S&C was going to offer sample bags of the new flavors, but I didn't know they could be purchased. Gosh, if they can, the price works out to be the same, that would be wonderful for Queen Eva. A 12 oz bag lasts her one month, but after the third week she starts getting picky about it, I know it looses freshness in spite of my efforts.

What a great thing individual portions would be. I'm going to try the turkey for her, too (supposed to be getting a sample in the mail), in an effort to get her on more variety.

PS I found them on amazon. It does make it a bit higher in cost, for someone who has to order on line. I usually get a pretty good price on the 12 oz bags by watching for sales, promotions or free shipping deals. Hmmmmmm...

Hey Sally, how many nuggets is in the .8 ounce package? Queen Eva eats 10 nuggets in a one meal serving.

Last edited:

mrsgreenjeens

Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sorry, Gail, I have never purchased the smaller bags.  Only the big ones.  But the local natural pet stores that sell S & C usually have some of the individual serving sizes.  Let's see...when I weigh the pieces on my scales, it usually takes around 7 to equal .25 oz, so multiplied times 4, that would be around 28 pieces, I would think.  So that would be almost 3 servings for your little Queen

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Where did you find these small bags? I heard from an on line seller that S&C was going to offer sample bags of the new flavors, but I didn't know they could be purchased. Gosh, if they can, the price works out to be the same, that would be wonderful for Queen Eva. A 12 oz bag lasts her one month, but after the third week she starts getting picky about it, I know it looses freshness in spite of my efforts.
What a great thing individual portions would be. I'm going to try the turkey for her, too (supposed to be getting a sample in the mail), in an effort to get her on more variety.
PS I found them on amazon. It does make it a bit higher in cost, for someone who has to order on line. I usually get a pretty good price on the 12 oz bags by watching for sales, promotions or free shipping deals. Hmmmmmm....
I KNOW!!!!!!!! It IS truly brilliant of S&C to market these smaller 1 oz. sized bags. Actually, they are .8 ounce. My local natural pet store started carrying them. They don't even carry the 12 oz. bags anymore because no one wants those due to the freshness issue as well. They are flying off the rack!!!!!!!!!!! I would call around to your local natural pet food stores and see if they can start stocking them. I didn't even think to check on-line for them?!!! I will see what I come up with. :nod: I have to go and get more turkey today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bigthumb: :clap::clap:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OK, so what other flavors of the S & C do yours hate?  l know mine will probably like those :lol3: (I don't want to throw any more money away than I need to, trying all these things...I just gave away MOST of my Hare Today stuff before it got too freezer burnt, since it was obvious that my 3 pickies weren't going to eat it :sigh: .  I kept some of the HT duck, thinking since they like the S & C freeze dried duck, maybe they'll like the "real thing", but so far it's been a "no go".  Naturally.  :argh: )  Another big :sigh:

Oh!:doh3:   I forgot to tell you, did you notice on the Duck, Duck Goose S & C that the 2nd and 3rd ingredients are turkey?  Odd, huh?  Wonder why yours don't like it, since they like the turkey.  And I wonder why they don't call it Duck, Turkey, Goose?  Funny the things I wonder about.  :idea:
Sally :flail: You are just toooooo cute and funny!!!!! :lol3: Yeah, I noticed that the Duck has turkey as well, GO FIGURE!! I have learned, at least with my fussies, that if they love a protein from one brand, it does not guarantee they will love it from another. Although, I can say, Duck has never been a favorite for my four PsIMA. Even the canned Instinct duck, they hated. :lol3:

Anywya, my cat's LOVE the S&C chicken, turkey, herring/tuna (new), chicken/salmon. AND they love the Surf/Turf (beef/salmon) and Lamb FD dog patties. You can feed the dog FD too, as it contains taurine! BUT yeah, you gotta love these new sized single kitty portions. SO easy to try and as Gail mentioned, nice and fresh at each and every meal. No more getting "stale" by opening and closing the larger sized 12 oz. bags. I just tear open the single portion, pour in some water and let it soak for a minute or two and WA-LAH... dinner is served. :D :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Last edited:

mrsgreenjeens

Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Great...so it sounds like they love everything except the duck.  That leaves me with....duck
.   (well, maybe there are some others flavors you haven't mentioned...I'll have to check)  No, seriously, mine DO like the chicken and salmon, and they DID like the chicken and beef before it was discontinued.   Guess I'll just have to buy some of those little packets and give them a try.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I KNOW!!!!!!!! It IS truly brilliant of S&C to market these smaller 1 oz. sized bags. Actually, they are .8 ounce. My local natural pet store started carrying them. They don't even carry the 12 oz. bags anymore because no one wants those due to the freshness issue as well. They are flying off the rack!!!!!!!!!!! I would call around to your local natural pet food stores and see if they can start stocking them. I didn't even think to check on-line for them?!!! I will see what I come up with. :nod: I have to go and get more turkey today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bigthumb: :clap::clap:
I don't have a local source for Stella&Chewy, and the store I am special ordering the Rad Cat from (100 miles away one way) stopped carrying S&C cat because of lack of sales. They still carry the dog though, so next time I place an order for Rad Cat I'll see what kind of price they can give me for those little bags.

I get my S&C online usually from one particular store but sometimes I find a better promotional deal somewhere else and will order an extra bag. But I always end up going back to Gulf Coast Pet Supplies. Their service can't be beat.

There is no place here to buy any specialty pet foods or supplies. I found a privately owned store up by Albany. The gas to drive 200 miles round trip is still less than the shipping for having Rad Cat delivered and I can order more at one time too. And of course, my cats are worth sacrificing one of my rare days off every couple of months. :heart3:

Anyway I am really excited about those little bags. The on line store I use is going to send me a small bag of turkey as a sample, when she gets them. I don't feed any blended proteins and no fish, so other than the chicken I already use, the rest of the new flavors aren't of any use to me. :) But I have hopes for the turkey!

Last edited:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't have a local source for Stella&Chewy, and the store I am special ordering the Rad Cat from (100 miles away one way) stopped carrying S&C cat because of lack of sales. They still carry the dog though, so next time I place an order for Rad Cat I'll see what kind of price they can give me for those little bags.
I get my S&C online usually from one particular store but sometimes I find a better promotional deal somewhere else and will order an extra bag. But I always end up going back to Gulf Coast Pet Supplies. Their service can't be beat.
There is no place here to buy any specialty pet foods or supplies. I found a privately owned store up by Albany. The gas to drive 200 miles round trip is still less than the shipping for having Rad Cat delivered and I can order more at one time too. And of course, my cats are worth sacrificing one of my rare days off every couple of months. :heart3:
Anyway I am really excited about those little bags. The on line store I use is going to send me a small bag of turkey as a sample, when she gets them. I don't feed any blended proteins and no fish, so other than the chicken I already use, the rest of the new flavors aren't of any use to me. :) But I have hopes for the turkey!
:lol3: 200 miles round trip in gas and still cheaper than on-line shipping!! :clap::clap::clap::clap: Yeah, I would stock up the same :D !!!! You might want to try the Duck, too. There is also chicken. :nod: I am seriously over joyed :rofl: that they came out with these little single serving bags. I pay $1.59 per bag. SO for, let's say, 12 of the little bags, I pay $19.06 plus tax. A 12 oz. bag costs me $23.99 plus tax. It really works out to be less. What a great concept they came up with. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Great...so it sounds like they love everything except the duck.  That leaves me with....duck :lol3: .   (well, maybe there are some others flavors you haven't mentioned...I'll have to check)  No, seriously, mine DO like the chicken and salmon, and they DID like the chicken and beef before it was discontinued.   Guess I'll just have to buy some of those little packets and give them a try.
SALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!! DUCK DUCK GOOSE!!!!!!!!!! They ate it :thud: Well, Perkins, Presley (with a fake topper :flail:) and Perla, gobbled up a bag between them. The Pipster still refused :rolleyes: I am completely surprised. I was going to feed it to Walden and Wendall but Perkins seemed VERY interested in tasting it. So I went for it and they all ate it. GO FIGURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I swear these fussies are going to be the death of me. :crazy: :lol2:

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:lol3: 200 miles round trip in gas and still cheaper than on-line shipping!! :clap::clap::clap::clap: Yeah, I would stock up the same :D !!!! You might want to try the Duck, too. There is also chicken. :nod: I am seriously over joyed :rofl: that they came out with these little single serving bags. I pay $1.59 per bag. SO for, let's say, 12 of the little bags, I pay $19.06 plus tax. A 12 oz. bag costs me $23.99 plus tax. It really works out to be less. What a great concept they came up with. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
Well the bags are .8 ounce. :) So how many .8 ounce bags make up 12 ounces. Would you believe I am so tired I can't think how to do that simple calculation. :lol3: But I pay a similar price for S&C 12 ounce, though like I said, I shop around for the best price when I can.

The duck has three proteins so I don't think I will try it, at least for the time being. I don't like blended proteins. I don't really know why, maybe it's because I've had so many cats that don't like their meats mixed. Or maybe I'm projecting who knows, LOL. Something about them bother me, anyway.

But having the small bags, if she'll eat the turkey, will allow me to vary her S&C portion, instead of having to skip a day now and then, and I won't end up with stale food. Even Jennie turns up her nose once the S&C goes stale. Though really it does last at least four maybe even five weeks, so that's not too bad.

Last edited: