A Nap Gone Bad

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you ever woken up from a nap and have no idea what time it is?
I napped today from a cat purring on me, woke up at 6:30 and didn't know which 6:30 it was!
Turning the TV on was no help, instead of "Angel " I got "Bones"
Same Boreanaz, but very confusing!
I went to the computer and looked at the time, still did not believe it.
It took a good hour before I accepted that it was 6:30 pm, not am.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've done that! I woke up a few saturdays ago from a deep sleep, and it was the same kind of light like dawn was coming, and I jumped out of bed and started getting ready for work.....before I realized it was PM, not AM. I hate that half awake/half asleep kind of logic. But, you're not alone!

(edit....hey, at least you got to wake up to a real hottie!!
)

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That happened to me today. Bad morning - started very early. Fell asleep this afternoon - woke up at 9:00pm. The cats being upset about dinner being late helped me figure out pretty darn quickly which 9:00 it was though.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

That happened to me today. Bad morning - started very early. Fell asleep this afternoon - woke up at 9:00pm. The cats being upset about dinner being late helped me figure out pretty darn quickly which 9:00 it was though.
it is amazing how well they tell time

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have definitely had those naps where time is lost as well as lost no time having a nap
. I hate the mornings when I jump up from a deep sleep in a panic that I am late for work, and its my day off!

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've done something similar. I went to a gaming place at about 4:30 PM, and left after what I though was a few hours. My watch said 6:30 so I assumed it was PM. I was only after I left and realized the sun was in the east that I realized what time it was.

sk_pacer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, just now as a matter of fact. Watched CSI, then started watching The Mentalist and during a commercial switched to the food channel (Ace of Cakes, 9pm) and woke up to Heston Blumethal in Siberia (12:45ish) and was totally confused as to where I was because of the Russian voices and reindeer bells.

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I've done the wake up at 8:30 PM and think I'm late for work thing, too. It's always a good feeling when I finally realize that it's not morning, though.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've done this before. Whew! It's kind of like jet lag. I also sometimes wake up and don't realize where I am for a minute or two. I do this all the time when I travel or stay at someone else's home. (If there were pictures of zebras right beside the beds everywhere else like at home, I would really be confused.)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL, I am glad this happens to others!
I have also woken up and have lost the ability to tell time. I look at the numbers on the clock, and I know they are supposed to mean something, but the brain just won't kick in for a minute or two.

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since I have sleeping problems and end up taking lots of naps during the day, this happens to me a lot.

Just happened to me today, actually. Last night I fell asleep at 7:00 PM, woke up at 2:00 AM, fell asleep again at 4:00 AM, and woke up again at 9:00 AM and I was freaking out because I thought it was 9:00 PM.
I don't blame you a bit if you didn't read any of that jumble.